Hi Friends, how was your weekend? Mine FLEW by! I’ve been covering all the classes at a local gym while the training team went to the Perform Better Conference. I taught 2 classes Thursday, 4 classes Friday and Saturday’s mornings class. After I taught, I took advantage of the empty gym to shoot a couple videos and photos for you guys! Mr. Hungry and his friend helped out with that one!
Ab Burner Videos & TRX Workouts to come!
Saturday night I finally picked up a pair of new running shoes at Sole Sports! For local friends, Sole Sports is a fantastic community centered sports store. I got the new model of the Brooks Glycerin’s which I will wear for as long as they make them. #becauseKhavarisaidso In the past, it’s been a challenge to stay injury free while running. Now that I do everything Dr.Khavari tells me with religious conviction, it isn’t such a struggle anymore. He says get Brooks Glycerin’s and put my orthotics in them, so that is what I get!
After shoe shopping, we were already in Tempe so we figured we could finally use the gift cards we received from my friends at Blaze Fast Fired Pizza. They sent them to us back in April, but ASU campus is somewhat far from us so it’s been challenging to get there. Oh, but so worth the wait.
They have a mission of taking pizza back to its roots by making the dough in house, carefully sourcing ingredients and cooking by fire (fast=180 seconds). They do their best to keep everything free of preservatives, colors, and artificial flavors. They also provide gluten free and dairy free options for those with special dietary needs or restrictions.
Loved the unique lemonades and juices with calorie counts. I also enjoyed a bite of Mr. Hungry’s smores pie, twas delicious! It was a fun little date night for sure!
Sunday started early with walking the pup at 5am then we headed to mass.
After mass, it was breakfast of eggs, spinach and goat cheese (and a half a slice of pizza).
I did grocery shopping for our house and for a TV segment I have booked for National Hot N’ Spicy Day! Then it was time to test out those new shoes – I knocked out 3 miles in blocks of .25 to .5 miles with strength exercises mixed in. It felt GREAT! I took a week off running to help with my heel, I’m happy to be getting back at it!
Week 34: Chew Your Food
Alright, for this week we are back to focusing on nutrition habits. This week’s goal is extremely important, listen carefully: mom was right, CHEW YOUR FOOD!
This tip makes me laugh because my Grandma was the slowest eater I’ve ever met. She would take a full hour or more to finish her food. Even looking back on it, I giggle and think how unreal it was that she ate that slow. Everyone in the family used to joke about how it was her secret to staying petite her entire life. We were like two little peas in a pod. She would eat, and I would happily talk about myself for as long as she was eating.
[Tweet “Is chewing your food the secret to staying trim? Join @hungryhobby for more mindful chewing this week! #health #nutrition #weightloss #motivation”]
Whenever I read a study about how slower eating and chewing your food x number of times may potentially help you lose weight, I think of us at Super Salad enjoying long lunches together. A number of studies have confirmed that it can take 20 minutes or more for your brain to receive the message you are getting full. Hormones that signal satiety (fullness) tend to rise more when the meal is slower, potentially indicating you would eat less.
I am not suggesting that you chew your food 15-40 times as they do in the research study, that sounds like torture. However, this week, right before you swallow a bite, take a mental check in. How big is that bite that you are swallowing? Could you stand to chew it a little more? Most of us will find that yes, we absolutely could. More chewing could also mean more nutrient absorption as well! This is also a good week to go back to work on removing distractions and being mindful, as well!
52 Healthy Habits E-Course
Did you miss this series or wish you could repeat it? No problem! I’ve put all the posts together in an e-course that directly corresponds with the healthy habits series! By focusing on one healthy habit per week you’ll be able to master the skills needed to successfully improve your health, increase your energy, and drop those unwanted pounds. The best part is, you’ll do it while barely even realizing it. These 52 habits are the habits I review with almost every single Hungry Hobby RD client. These habits are the backbone of getting off the diet train and getting the results you wanted! What are you waiting for??????
The e-course will provide supportive information such as tips and tricks to help you ingrain each healthy habit as part of your permanent lifestyle.
Cost of the automated series is $26 dollars (just 50 cents per week) for the whole year, which helps me cover the cost of automating the emails through my server. Thanks!
( Want to really plan to succeed and save money? What To Eat? Meal Plan subscriptions also come with this E-Course as part of the subscription! They also come with a supportive facebook group and a ton more goodies, check them out!)
52 HEALTHY HABITS IN 52 WEEKS SERIES:
The 52 Healthy Habits Series is about ditching the diet mindset and making small changes to improve health overall naturally leading to a healthy body composition, increased energy and improved health. Please follow along and check out the past weeks!
- Week 52: Healthy Habits Wrap Up
- Week 51: Nightly Reflection
- Week 50: Limit Harmful Chemicals
- Week 49: Find Your Tribe
- Week 48: Cultivating Positivity
- Week 47: Healthy Thanksgiving Tips
- Week 46: Check In
- Week 45: Mobility – Foam Rolling
- Week 44: HIIT Training
- Week 43: LISS or Steady State Cardio
- Week 42: Limit Alcohol
- Week 41: Eat White, Wait What?
- Week 40: Eat Blue & Purple
- Week 39: Eat Green
- Week 38: Eat Yellow/Orange
- Week 37: Eat Red
- Week 36: Learn Which Foods to Purchase Organic
- Week 35: Read the Ingredient List!
- Week 34: Focus.
- Week 33: Chew Your Food!
- Week 32: Meditation
- Week 31: Gratitude Journaling
- Week 30: Plan & Revamp Dessert- 20 Healthy Ideas
- Week 29: Two fistfuls of veggies per meal
- Week 28: Get In Veggies At Breakfast
- Week 27: Healthy Veggie Snacks
- Week 26: Nourishing Fats for the Gut (Healthy Digestion Part 4)
- Week 25: Keeping Regular – The Other Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 3)
- Week 24: Feed The Probiotics With Prebiotic Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 2)
- Week 23: Amazing Health Benefits of Probiotics (Healthy Digestion Part 1)
- Week 22: Check In
- Week 21: What You Will Learn From Recording Your Meals (Intuitive Eating Series Part 4)
- Week 20: Eat Until 80% Full (Hara Hachi Bu) (Intuitive Eating Series Part 3)
- Week 19: Limit Distractions While Eating (Intuitive Eating Series Part 2)
- Week 18: Gaging Your Hunger Cues (Intuitive Eating Series Part 1)
- Week 17: 10,000 Steps Per Day
- Week 16: Assess Your Caffeine Intake
- Week 15: Decrease Sugar Intake
- Week 14: Healthy Coffee Creamers (upgrade yours)
- Week 13: 3 Month Check In
- Week 12: Sleep Enough & Sleep Better
- Week 11: Schedule Your Workouts
- Week 10: Pack A Healthy Lunch (5 Ways to Create Endless Combinations)
- Week 9: Prioritizing Protein
- Week 8: How and What to Meal Prep
- Week 7: Create & Stick To Your Healthy Meal Plan
- Week 6: Get Enough Omega-3’s (Fight Inflammation)
- Week 5: What Is A Healthy Fat & How To Get Enough (Include Healthy Fats)
- Week 4: How to Spot A Healthy Carbohydrate (Upgrade Your Carbs)
- Week 3: Tips to Increase Veggie Intake (Eat Veggies)
- Week 2: 15 Healthy On the Go Breakfast Ideas (Eat BF Challenge)
- Week 1: Tips to Drink More Water