Hi, Friends! I hope you had a fantastic holiday weekend and you are feeling ready to go for 2016! Today I’m super excited to announce a new Hungry Hobby series. Before you get too excited, I’ll admit, I’m not super great at follow through on series. I start them and get bored of them and then trail off into nothingness. This series, though, is going to be special to me, let me explain why.
Did you know the average adult starts a diet FOUR TIMES a year? (I don’t know the source on that one, it was a statistic giving to me in one of my training at the gym.) Instead of dieting at all this year, I want to encourage you to look at losing weight in a whole different way. If you focus on building a new healthy habit for each week in 2016 you will have 52 healthy habits under your belt by the end of the year, not only will you never need to diet again, but you may also need a smaller belt to ring in 2017 with…
I’m planning on joining in on the fun too, and I’ll give you a mini recap of how I did in the intro of the next week’s topic! Of course, I’d love anyone following along to share their tips and experience too! Bring on the healthiest 2016 EVER!
The 52 Healthy Habits Series is about ditching the diet mindset and making small changes to improve health overall naturally leading to a healthy body composition, increased energy and improved health. If you want to improve your health one simple habit at a time, then this series is for you!
Week 1: Hydration
Do you know what the number one sign of dehydration is? If you answered hunger, you are correct! Our bodies often confuse slight dehydration with hunger, so simply by increasing your water intake you can help regulate your hunger and satiety cues. Cool huh?
Even slight dehydration can also decrease your performance in your workout, therefore affecting how well you do and how many calories you burn (if weight loss is the goal.)
Other symptoms of even slight dehydration could be a headache, fatigue, dry skin, constipation or lightheadedness. Many people feel these symptoms around 2 pm, drinking enough water throughout the morning might help to alleviate them!
The recommended baseline is still 64 ounces of water. However, experts agree there is no scientific evidence to back this up. Since our bodies are composed of at least 60% water, I usually recommend at least half your body weight in water. (For exercise, replacing sweat is usually estimated by weighing oneself since hydration needs vary dramatically from person to person and sport to sport.)
Tips for drinking more water:
- Keep track! Use an app (I used to use the Fitbit app, but now I’m going to use water logged), tally marks on a bottle or an old school piece of paper.
- Set goals like 1/3 before Noon, 1/3 before 3, 1/3 before 6 pm. Set alarms if needed!
- Add noncaffeinated flavor: green tea, true lemon packets, fruit, cucumber, lemon, amino acids (post workout), etc….
- Drink water on your commute
- Drink one full glass of water first thing when you wake up to get off to a good start.
52 Healthy Habits E-Course
Want healthy habits to come directly to your inbox? No problem!
The e-course will provide supportive information such as tips and tricks to help you ingrain each healthy habit as part of your permanent lifestyle.
Cost of the automated series is $26 dollars (just 50 cents per week) for the whole year, which helps me cover the cost of automating the emails through my server. Thanks!
(What To Eat? Meal Plan subscriptions also come with this E-Course as part of the subscription!)
52 HEALTHY HABITS IN 52 WEEKS SERIES:
The 52 Healthy Habits Series is about ditching the diet mindset and making small changes to improve health overall naturally leading to a healthy body composition, increased energy and improved health. Please follow along and check out the past weeks!
- Week 52: Healthy Habits Wrap Up
- Week 51: Nightly Reflection
- Week 50: Limit Harmful Chemicals
- Week 49: Find Your Tribe
- Week 48: Cultivating Positivity
- Week 47: Healthy Thanksgiving Tips
- Week 46: Check In
- Week 45: Mobility – Foam Rolling
- Week 44: HIIT Training
- Week 43: LISS or Steady State Cardio
- Week 42: Limit Alcohol
- Week 41: Eat White, Wait What?
- Week 40: Eat Blue & Purple
- Week 39: Eat Green
- Week 38: Eat Yellow/Orange
- Week 37: Eat Red
- Week 36: Learn Which Foods to Purchase Organic
- Week 35: Read the Ingredient List!
- Week 34: Focus.
- Week 33: Chew Your Food!
- Week 32: Meditation
- Week 31: Gratitude Journaling
- Week 30: Plan & Revamp Dessert- 20 Healthy Ideas
- Week 29: Two fistfuls of veggies per meal
- Week 28: Get In Veggies At Breakfast
- Week 27: Healthy Veggie Snacks
- Week 26: Nourishing Fats for the Gut (Healthy Digestion Part 4)
- Week 25: Keeping Regular – The Other Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 3)
- Week 24: Feed The Probiotics With Prebiotic Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 2)
- Week 23: Amazing Health Benefits of Probiotics (Healthy Digestion Part 1)
- Week 22: Check In
- Week 21: What You Will Learn From Recording Your Meals (Intuitive Eating Series Part 4)
- Week 20: Eat Until 80% Full (Hara Hachi Bu) (Intuitive Eating Series Part 3)
- Week 19: Limit Distractions While Eating (Intuitive Eating Series Part 2)
- Week 18: Gaging Your Hunger Cues (Intuitive Eating Series Part 1)
- Week 17: 10,000 Steps Per Day
- Week 16: Assess Your Caffeine Intake
- Week 15: Decrease Sugar Intake
- Week 14: Healthy Coffee Creamers (upgrade yours)
- Week 13: 3 Month Check In
- Week 12: Sleep Enough & Sleep Better
- Week 11: Schedule Your Workouts
- Week 10: Pack A Healthy Lunch (5 Ways to Create Endless Combinations)
- Week 9: Prioritizing Protein
- Week 8: How and What to Meal Prep
- Week 7: Create & Stick To Your Healthy Meal Plan
- Week 6: Get Enough Omega-3’s (Fight Inflammation)
- Week 5: What Is A Healthy Fat & How To Get Enough (Include Healthy Fats)
- Week 4: How to Spot A Healthy Carbohydrate (Upgrade Your Carbs)
- Week 3: Tips to Increase Veggie Intake (Eat Veggies)
- Week 2: 15 Healthy On the Go Breakfast Ideas (Eat BF Challenge)
- Week 1: Tips to Drink More Water