Hello! So yesterday I had a team meeting at a nearby gym I’ve been coaching (group fit and nutrition) at. Prior to the meeting the owner had our little team do personality quizzes so that we could get to know each other better. Before giving us our results he read off the different profiles and then asked us to state which profile we thought we scored highest and lowest on.
- Strength – Problem solver, independent, thinks work is play
- Road Blocks/Barriers – Lacks connection and warmth, gets tripped up looking for too many facts/knowledge
- Strength – Creative and a lot of fun to be around
- Road Blocks/Barriers– lacks focus and not strong with numbers
- Strength – building relationships
- Road Blocks/Barriers- emotions
- Strength – very technical , instructions, commitment, work before play
- Road Blocks/Barriers – lacks personality/people skills
I guessed I was green for the highest and gold for the lowest.
I was right about the gold, but apparently, I scored highest in orange, closely followed by green. I’m actually kind of relieved, it’s good to be able to build connections!
Do I think I lack focus and strength with numbers?
At first, I was like, uh no I’m extremely focused! I got a 4.0 in grad school, you don’t do that if you aren’t focused! On second thought, I thought about how quick I am to try a new project or take on multiple projects at once. You know what I LOVE about running my own business? No two days are ever really ever the same. One day I could be working with one on one with Hungry Hobby RD clients, developing recipes, photography, teaching, coaching, freelance writing, developing meal plans, and/or blogging. Usually some combination of all of those and usually never in the same order. It keeps me entertained, excited, and to me, it feels focused. Mr. Hungry thinks it sounds like a nightmare. He keeps playing that Kevin Gates I Don’t Get Tired Song for me saying it’s my theme song. (I added it below but beware it is a rap song.)
Usually some combination of all of those and usually never in the same order. It keeps me entertained, excited, and to me, it feels focused. Mr. Hungry thinks it sounds like a nightmare. He keeps playing that Kevin Gates I Don’t Get Tired Song for me saying it’s my theme song. (I added it below but beware it is a rap song.)
It keeps me entertained, excited, and to me, it feels focused. Mr. Hungry thinks it sounds like a nightmare. He keeps playing that Kevin Gates I Don’t Get Tired Song for me saying it’s my theme song. (I added it below but beware it is a rap song.)
I think the real problem for me is that I’ve got things going in a million different directions and I stick them out way too long, even when I know that they aren’t right for me. So recently I’ve tried to assess what I’m involved in to see if it is lucrative (is it worth it?) and if I enjoy it? If the answer is no to both those questions I’ve had to learn to get out and stop forcing something that doesn’t feel right.
Week 28: Add Veggies to Breakfast
Yikes! Every week I say to myself, I can’t believe we are already at week X, you think the novelty of time passing will ever wear off?
Last week our goal = more veggies for snacks! How did you do? I did okay, I came up with an epic peanut butter yogurt dip to help me get in more veggies, it will be on HH soon! This week I’m challenging you to get in veggies at an even more difficult time of the day: breakFAST. Most of us want a quick and dirty filling breakfast that tastes great with minimal fuss.
Veggies aren’t exactly on the top of the list for most of us! Luckily with a little creativity and focus, you can start your day off right!
- Smoothies! Add a handful of spinach to any smoothie with peanut butter or banana. I swear those flavors make it so you can’t taste it! I also love shredded carrots with tropical fruit smoothies, the orange seems to go right along with those tropical fruits like mango.
- Sautee them (anything from green leafy veggies to zucchini to whatever you have) and top it (or scramble) with an egg. Done!
- Meal prep – I find egg quiches, muffins, and casseroles to be the easiest way to get veggies in the morning. Reheat and you are good to go!
- Swap grains for root vegetables. Do you usually go for toast and peanut butter? Try a nut butter topped sweet potato or make protein pancakes (make these on the weekend to eat all week!)
- Eat last night’s leftovers. We typically save dinner leftovers for lunch or the next night’s dinner. If you can get past the not eggs or oatmeal thing, try it, you might love it!
[Tweet “Veggies at Breakfast IS POSSIBLE! Check out 5 awesome ideas via @hungryhobby! #health #nutrition #fitlfuential”]
52 Healthy Habits E-Course
Did you miss this series or wish you could repeat it? No problem! I’ve put all the posts together in an e-course that directly corresponds with the healthy habits series! By focusing on one healthy habit per week you’ll be able to master the skills needed to successfully improve your health, increase your energy, and drop those unwanted pounds. The best part is, you’ll do it while barely even realizing it. These 52 habits are the habits I review with almost every single Hungry Hobby RD client. These habits are the backbone of getting off the diet train and getting the results you wanted! What are you waiting for??????
The e-course will provide supportive information such as tips and tricks to help you ingrain each healthy habit as part of your permanent lifestyle.
Cost of the automated series is $26 dollars (just 50 cents per week) for the whole year, which helps me cover the cost of automating the emails through my server. Thanks!
( Want to really plan to succeed and save money? What To Eat? Meal Plan subscriptions also come with this E-Course as part of the subscription! They also come with a supportive facebook group and a ton more goodies, check them out!)
52 HEALTHY HABITS IN 52 WEEKS SERIES:
The 52 Healthy Habits Series is about ditching the diet mindset and making small changes to improve health overall naturally leading to a healthy body composition, increased energy and improved health. Please follow along and check out the past weeks!
- Week 52: Healthy Habits Wrap Up
- Week 51: Nightly Reflection
- Week 50: Limit Harmful Chemicals
- Week 49: Find Your Tribe
- Week 48: Cultivating Positivity
- Week 47: Healthy Thanksgiving Tips
- Week 46: Check In
- Week 45: Mobility – Foam Rolling
- Week 44: HIIT Training
- Week 43: LISS or Steady State Cardio
- Week 42: Limit Alcohol
- Week 41: Eat White, Wait What?
- Week 40: Eat Blue & Purple
- Week 39: Eat Green
- Week 38: Eat Yellow/Orange
- Week 37: Eat Red
- Week 36: Learn Which Foods to Purchase Organic
- Week 35: Read the Ingredient List!
- Week 34: Focus.
- Week 33: Chew Your Food!
- Week 32: Meditation
- Week 31: Gratitude Journaling
- Week 30: Plan & Revamp Dessert- 20 Healthy Ideas
- Week 29: Two fistfuls of veggies per meal
- Week 28: Get In Veggies At Breakfast
- Week 27: Healthy Veggie Snacks
- Week 26: Nourishing Fats for the Gut (Healthy Digestion Part 4)
- Week 25: Keeping Regular – The Other Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 3)
- Week 24: Feed The Probiotics With Prebiotic Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 2)
- Week 23: Amazing Health Benefits of Probiotics (Healthy Digestion Part 1)
- Week 22: Check In
- Week 21: What You Will Learn From Recording Your Meals (Intuitive Eating Series Part 4)
- Week 20: Eat Until 80% Full (Hara Hachi Bu) (Intuitive Eating Series Part 3)
- Week 19: Limit Distractions While Eating (Intuitive Eating Series Part 2)
- Week 18: Gaging Your Hunger Cues (Intuitive Eating Series Part 1)
- Week 17: 10,000 Steps Per Day
- Week 16: Assess Your Caffeine Intake
- Week 15: Decrease Sugar Intake
- Week 14: Healthy Coffee Creamers (upgrade yours)
- Week 13: 3 Month Check In
- Week 12: Sleep Enough & Sleep Better
- Week 11: Schedule Your Workouts
- Week 10: Pack A Healthy Lunch (5 Ways to Create Endless Combinations)
- Week 9: Prioritizing Protein
- Week 8: How and What to Meal Prep
- Week 7: Create & Stick To Your Healthy Meal Plan
- Week 6: Get Enough Omega-3’s (Fight Inflammation)
- Week 5: What Is A Healthy Fat & How To Get Enough (Include Healthy Fats)
- Week 4: How to Spot A Healthy Carbohydrate (Upgrade Your Carbs)
- Week 3: Tips to Increase Veggie Intake (Eat Veggies)
- Week 2: 15 Healthy On the Go Breakfast Ideas (Eat BF Challenge)
- Week 1: Tips to Drink More Water