You guys I had the best weekend ever. We finally got a tree, #win, five days before the family gets here. I saw my childhood best friends and pretended to take shots with them. I’m 28 years old, and I decided I no longer have to take shots to prove to anyone that I can. I can’t, I don’t want to, so I dumped it in my drink. My friend, who had just graduated from college, passed out super early. We were all good and intoxicated as well, leaving the party around 11 pm. I remember the days when that use to be the party start time! I spent Sunday chugging water and nursing my tequila hangover, twas glorious, I swear. I haven’t worked out since my root canal on Thursday, which means today, I can not WAIT to get back into the gym today. I’m on sugar overload, and nothing resets my mentality like working my butt off in the gym!
Notice only half of the tree has ornaments? That is the price you pay to have animals. As for the half white lights, half yellow lights. I, ugh, no idea how that happened sorry can’t help you on that one.
Today marks the beginning of week 51, and that means that there is only ONE more week in the 52 Weeks to 52 Healthy Habits series. Since next week will be a wrap-up, and what to do from here type week, this week has a lot of pressure on it.
What is the last thing I want you to know? What is the most important habit I could have you develop? I thought a lot about this, which is why this post is going up just a little bit later than usual. I mean we covered 46 (4 weeks were reflection weeks) healthy habits already, that’s a crapload of healthy things you can do help you reach your goals.
There are a ton more healthy habits we could talk about like oil pulling, dry brushing, flossing your teeth, and fun stuff like that. However, this series was always intended to help you quit dieting and implement the habits that would help you stay lean and fit without a diet protocol. So, I think the best thing we can talk about today is a technique for implementing these habits. Now that you know what you should be doing it’s time to figure out how to actually do it.
Week 51: Daily Self Reflection + Sleep
I learned this secret, tip, principle, whatever you want to call it from the success principles, and I adapted it to help me meet my goals of intuitive eating. It’s really simple and HIGHLY effective, here is what you do.
Replay your days eats in your head, try not to read from your calorie counter, pictures, or other recording devices. Replay where you were, what you were doing, how hungry you were, how happy you were with that decision, etc. for every single meal you had that day. Don’t judge yourself, just observe it. Then ask yourself, “how did you feel about that day of eats?” What was good, and what could you have done better?
I do this almost every single night and set an intention to do whatever it is that I could have done better. Often similar themes pop up like drink more water, eat more vegetables, eat only when hungry, and eat less sugar, aka what I’ll work on for the rest of my life. I then plan my day around the new goal, often writing down meal ideas (in the notes section on my phone) that will help keep me on track.
It always works, every single time. I always, unless freak events happen like getting a root canal, hit my goal.They say that your mind will go to work solving a problem while you sleep, it will embed it in your unconsciousnessClick To Tweetmaking you more focused the next day. I remember this used to work well for me in college, I would study late, then go to bed. In the morning I would know the material much better than I did the night before.
In the past, I would do this right before going to bed, but I found I would fall asleep before setting my intention. Now, I sit in my office chair for 5 minutes replaying the day and setting my intention before going on to bed. It may seem like a lot of work, but keeping up with all your health habits is a lot of work.
We can spend FOREVER saying what we need to do, but we won’t do it unless we focus on it. I use this technique with other areas of my life to, productivity, positivity, communication, etc. However, I am the most consistent with reviewing my daily eats because I find it so incredibly helpful to keep me on track. Give it a try and let me know how it goes! PS Don’t forget the get good sleep part!
52 Healthy Habits E-Course
Did you miss this series or wish you could repeat it? No problem! I’ve put all the posts together in an e-course that directly corresponds with the healthy habits series! By focusing on one healthy habit per week you’ll be able to master the skills needed to successfully improve your health, increase your energy, and drop those unwanted pounds. The best part is, you’ll do it while barely even realizing it. These 52 habits are the habits I review with almost every single Hungry Hobby RD client. These habits are the backbone of getting off the diet train and getting the results you wanted! What are you waiting for??????
The e-course will provide supportive information such as tips and tricks to help you ingrain each healthy habit as part of your permanent lifestyle.
Cost of the automated series is $26 dollars (just 50 cents per week) for the whole year, which helps me cover the cost of automating the emails through my server. Thanks!
( Want to really plan to succeed and save money? What To Eat? Meal Plan subscriptions also come with this E-Course as part of the subscription! They also come with a supportive facebook group and a ton more goodies, check them out!)
52 HEALTHY HABITS IN 52 WEEKS SERIES:
The 52 Healthy Habits Series is about ditching the diet mindset and making small changes to improve health overall naturally leading to a healthy body composition, increased energy and improved health. Please follow along and check out the past weeks!
- Week 52: Healthy Habits Wrap Up
- Week 51: Nightly Reflection
- Week 50: Limit Harmful Chemicals
- Week 49: Find Your Tribe
- Week 48: Cultivating Positivity
- Week 47: Healthy Thanksgiving Tips
- Week 46: Check In
- Week 45: Mobility – Foam Rolling
- Week 44: HIIT Training
- Week 43: LISS or Steady State Cardio
- Week 42: Limit Alcohol
- Week 41: Eat White, Wait What?
- Week 40: Eat Blue & Purple
- Week 39: Eat Green
- Week 38: Eat Yellow/Orange
- Week 37: Eat Red
- Week 36: Learn Which Foods to Purchase Organic
- Week 35: Read the Ingredient List!
- Week 34: Focus.
- Week 33: Chew Your Food!
- Week 32: Meditation
- Week 31: Gratitude Journaling
- Week 30: Plan & Revamp Dessert- 20 Healthy Ideas
- Week 29: Two fistfuls of veggies per meal
- Week 28: Get In Veggies At Breakfast
- Week 27: Healthy Veggie Snacks
- Week 26: Nourishing Fats for the Gut (Healthy Digestion Part 4)
- Week 25: Keeping Regular – The Other Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 3)
- Week 24: Feed The Probiotics With Prebiotic Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 2)
- Week 23: Amazing Health Benefits of Probiotics (Healthy Digestion Part 1)
- Week 22: Check In
- Week 21: What You Will Learn From Recording Your Meals (Intuitive Eating Series Part 4)
- Week 20: Eat Until 80% Full (Hara Hachi Bu) (Intuitive Eating Series Part 3)
- Week 19: Limit Distractions While Eating (Intuitive Eating Series Part 2)
- Week 18: Gaging Your Hunger Cues (Intuitive Eating Series Part 1)
- Week 17: 10,000 Steps Per Day
- Week 16: Assess Your Caffeine Intake
- Week 15: Decrease Sugar Intake
- Week 14: Healthy Coffee Creamers (upgrade yours)
- Week 13: 3 Month Check In
- Week 12: Sleep Enough & Sleep Better
- Week 11: Schedule Your Workouts
- Week 10: Pack A Healthy Lunch (5 Ways to Create Endless Combinations)
- Week 9: Prioritizing Protein
- Week 8: How and What to Meal Prep
- Week 7: Create & Stick To Your Healthy Meal Plan
- Week 6: Get Enough Omega-3’s (Fight Inflammation)
- Week 5: What Is A Healthy Fat & How To Get Enough (Include Healthy Fats)
- Week 4: How to Spot A Healthy Carbohydrate (Upgrade Your Carbs)
- Week 3: Tips to Increase Veggie Intake (Eat Veggies)
- Week 2: 15 Healthy On the Go Breakfast Ideas (Eat BF Challenge)
- Week 1: Tips to Drink More Water