Happy, Monday friends! I hope my Newsletter friends are enjoying their December bonus workout and workout calendar! Last night I planned out hour by hour everything I needed to get done, including when I was going to eat and shower, just like I did in grad school. Anyways, my day was supposed to start at 6 am, so when I woke back up 45minutes after my alarm went off I freaked out because I’m already an hour behind. Not a great way to kick off the week! So, needless to say, this post is going to be short, got to make up for the lost time people!
I know I usually talk about the weekend on Mondays, but I don’t have a ton to report. I did get a three mile run in, which I ran averaging 9:20 miles. I was tired, oh my god, so tired. An unexpected visit from aunt flow knocked me on my butt, but I got out there and did it anyway. (I will be putting another update up about my first few months recovering from amenorrhea, I know some of you have asked!) I had to stop in between miles to catch my breath, but it felt so good to go fast, instead of having a long run slow paced goal in mind. We also started our Advent Jar, same ideas as last year!
Mr. Hungry and I also went to see Bad Santa 2, freaking hilarious. I was dying laughing the ENTIRE movie, hands down my favorite Christmas movie. Then walked around, bought a few small Christmas presents and went to dinner at Thirsty Lion. I know some of you are friends with me on snapchat, I took a few snaps but no real photos! Sorry! It was really good though; I would totally go back!
In other news, one of my most popular recipes ever Healthy Homemade Baked Corn Dogs has a new recipe video! This is not one of those really easy recipes, which is why it makes so many corn dogs (24 of them). That way you can freeze them and have them whenever you want!
If you like the video you can share it on Facebook here, I can’t figure out how to embed a Facebook video yet.
Now for this week’s healthy habit, I can’t believe this series is almost ending!
Week 49: FIND YOUR TRIBE
This month is weird because everything I write about seems like I should have been introduced earlier. I feel like time is running out to include all the things that will help you reach a healthy body and mind.
This week I’ve been thinking a lot about finding your tribe, finding support. I’ve been thinking about this mostly because of Mr. Hungry. He watched In Defense of Food on Netflix and overnight had a total change of heart about what food he would put into his body. He told me “Whatever you cook, I will eat. Sometimes I will like it and sometimes I won’t, I’ll be okay.”
Not that I make bad recipes, let’s be honest about that. He is just picky, he doesn’t like sweet potatoes, bell peppers, butternut squash (unless in soup form), broccoli, Brussel sprouts, or cauliflower (but does like cauliflower rice.)
He is picky, and on top of it, he has a whole list of food sensitivities to avoid (although those are improving, he basically only needs to watch eggs and yeast now.) The point is, he has been VERY supportive of our healthy living lifestyle the past month. This month he is trying to watch how much sugar he intakes and is doing his best to avoid buying all the seasonal sweets. It isn’t that he isn’t having anything, but he is making a conscious decision to avoid a lot of it. I’ve been thinking about how much his support has meant to me the last month and how much easier it is to stick to healthy living when you have that kind of support.
So this week, your goal is to identify your tribe or start working on finding one. If it’s your family, that is great! Most likely it’s not. For the first three years of our marriage, it was me cooking and Mr. Hungry eating because he was too lazy to make his own food, not because he actually wanted to eat healthily.
So my tribe is my friends who share the same goals as me. Friends I meet at workout classes, friends I go for walks with instead of sitting somewhere, friends I made at small gyms, and friends in my running group. All places and people I can go to when healthy living isn’t the easiest choice, I know they will motivate me and lift me up. Once you know what you should do, it isn’t always easy to do it, finding a tribe makes it easier to make the right choices.
It isn’t just about sticking to healthy living either. Research consistently shows that those who go to church (either for external or internal reasons) have better health. Feeling a part of something, belonging to something maybe just as important as all the kale, sweet potatoes, and Brussels sprouts. So this week, identify or work on finding your tribe. If you tend to be a bit of homebody, I totally get that. I have a whole network of bloggers and friends, some of whom I’ve never met, that lift me up and support me every day. Some of whom, I’ve never met.
52 HEALTHY HABITS IN 52 WEEKS
52 Healthy Habits E-Course
Did you miss this series or wish you could repeat it? No problem! I’ve put all the posts together in an e-course that directly corresponds with the healthy habits series! By focusing on one healthy habit per week you’ll be able to master the skills needed to successfully improve your health, increase your energy, and drop those unwanted pounds. The best part is, you’ll do it while barely even realizing it. These 52 habits are the habits I review with almost every single Hungry Hobby RD client. These habits are the backbone of getting off the diet train and getting the results you wanted! What are you waiting for??????
The e-course will provide supportive information such as tips and tricks to help you ingrain each healthy habit as part of your permanent lifestyle.
Cost of the automated series is $26 dollars (just 50 cents per week) for the whole year, which helps me cover the cost of automating the emails through my server. Thanks!
( Want to really plan to succeed and save money? What To Eat? Meal Plan subscriptions also come with this E-Course as part of the subscription! They also come with a supportive facebook group and a ton more goodies, check them out!)
52 HEALTHY HABITS IN 52 WEEKS SERIES:
The 52 Healthy Habits Series is about ditching the diet mindset and making small changes to improve health overall naturally leading to a healthy body composition, increased energy and improved health. Please follow along and check out the past weeks!
- Week 52: Healthy Habits Wrap Up
- Week 51: Nightly Reflection
- Week 50: Limit Harmful Chemicals
- Week 49: Find Your Tribe
- Week 48: Cultivating Positivity
- Week 47: Healthy Thanksgiving Tips
- Week 46: Check In
- Week 45: Mobility – Foam Rolling
- Week 44: HIIT Training
- Week 43: LISS or Steady State Cardio
- Week 42: Limit Alcohol
- Week 41: Eat White, Wait What?
- Week 40: Eat Blue & Purple
- Week 39: Eat Green
- Week 38: Eat Yellow/Orange
- Week 37: Eat Red
- Week 36: Learn Which Foods to Purchase Organic
- Week 35: Read the Ingredient List!
- Week 34: Focus.
- Week 33: Chew Your Food!
- Week 32: Meditation
- Week 31: Gratitude Journaling
- Week 30: Plan & Revamp Dessert- 20 Healthy Ideas
- Week 29: Two fistfuls of veggies per meal
- Week 28: Get In Veggies At Breakfast
- Week 27: Healthy Veggie Snacks
- Week 26: Nourishing Fats for the Gut (Healthy Digestion Part 4)
- Week 25: Keeping Regular – The Other Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 3)
- Week 24: Feed The Probiotics With Prebiotic Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 2)
- Week 23: Amazing Health Benefits of Probiotics (Healthy Digestion Part 1)
- Week 22: Check In
- Week 21: What You Will Learn From Recording Your Meals (Intuitive Eating Series Part 4)
- Week 20: Eat Until 80% Full (Hara Hachi Bu) (Intuitive Eating Series Part 3)
- Week 19: Limit Distractions While Eating (Intuitive Eating Series Part 2)
- Week 18: Gaging Your Hunger Cues (Intuitive Eating Series Part 1)
- Week 17: 10,000 Steps Per Day
- Week 16: Assess Your Caffeine Intake
- Week 15: Decrease Sugar Intake
- Week 14: Healthy Coffee Creamers (upgrade yours)
- Week 13: 3 Month Check In
- Week 12: Sleep Enough & Sleep Better
- Week 11: Schedule Your Workouts
- Week 10: Pack A Healthy Lunch (5 Ways to Create Endless Combinations)
- Week 9: Prioritizing Protein
- Week 8: How and What to Meal Prep
- Week 7: Create & Stick To Your Healthy Meal Plan
- Week 6: Get Enough Omega-3’s (Fight Inflammation)
- Week 5: What Is A Healthy Fat & How To Get Enough (Include Healthy Fats)
- Week 4: How to Spot A Healthy Carbohydrate (Upgrade Your Carbs)
- Week 3: Tips to Increase Veggie Intake (Eat Veggies)
- Week 2: 15 Healthy On the Go Breakfast Ideas (Eat BF Challenge)
- Week 1: Tips to Drink More Water