Hi Friends! How was your Memorial Day weekend? Mine was filled with adventure in the great state of Texas, but before we get to that it is time to check in for this week’s 52 Week to 52 Healthy Habits.
The past month was all about intuitive eating, learning all about how to get away from the diet mindset and learning to use your intuition to help you make the right choices. Even though we only focused on it this last month, intuitive eating is really what this whole series is about. This series helps you make little changes that along the way add up to big changes allowing you to easily reach your goals, without going on another diet. This upcoming month will be all about supporting and improving your digestion! Did you know that 80% of your immunity is located in your GI track? Did you know there are connections between the health of your gastrointestinal health and just about every other system in your body including your brain, skin, blood sugar management, cardiovascular health, hormones and more? Supporting your GI health is one of the BEST things you can do for your body so stay tuned.
This week, take a breather and reassess how you have done so far. We just came back from a long three day weekend where you may or may not have enjoyed more treats and fun that usual. Look back at the past weeks and pick the top 3 things you struggled with and work hard at implementing them all week. Also take note of what has been really easy for you, it’s good to know where your strengths and weaknesses are!
Top 5 I’m Great At:
- Getting Enough Protein
- Getting 10,000 steps a day
- Scheduling My Workouts
- Sleeping Enough (I’ve been prioritizing this more)
- Meal Prep/Plan
Top 5 Areas For Improvement:
- Drinking Enough Water
- Limiting Distractions While I Eat
- Sleeping Enough
- Sticking With Healthy Carbs —> #lovecereal
- Eating Veggies With Every Meal
Of those I’m going to prioritize #1, 3 and 5!
What about you? What is easiest and most difficult for you??????
52 HEALTHY HABITS IN 52 WEEKS SERIES:
The 52 Healthy Habits Series is about ditching the diet mindset and making small changes to improve health overall naturally leading to a healthy body composition, increased energy and improved health. Please follow along and check out the past weeks!
- Week 52: Healthy Habits Wrap Up
- Week 51: Nightly Reflection
- Week 50: Limit Harmful Chemicals
- Week 49: Find Your Tribe
- Week 48: Cultivating Positivity
- Week 47: Healthy Thanksgiving Tips
- Week 46: Check In
- Week 45: Mobility – Foam Rolling
- Week 44: HIIT Training
- Week 43: LISS or Steady State Cardio
- Week 42: Limit Alcohol
- Week 41: Eat White, Wait What?
- Week 40: Eat Blue & Purple
- Week 39: Eat Green
- Week 38: Eat Yellow/Orange
- Week 37: Eat Red
- Week 36: Learn Which Foods to Purchase Organic
- Week 35: Read the Ingredient List!
- Week 34: Focus.
- Week 33: Chew Your Food!
- Week 32: Meditation
- Week 31: Gratitude Journaling
- Week 30: Plan & Revamp Dessert- 20 Healthy Ideas
- Week 29: Two fistfuls of veggies per meal
- Week 28: Get In Veggies At Breakfast
- Week 27: Healthy Veggie Snacks
- Week 26: Nourishing Fats for the Gut (Healthy Digestion Part 4)
- Week 25: Keeping Regular – The Other Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 3)
- Week 24: Feed The Probiotics With Prebiotic Fiber (Healthy Digestion Part 2)
- Week 23: Amazing Health Benefits of Probiotics (Healthy Digestion Part 1)
- Week 22: Check In
- Week 21: What You Will Learn From Recording Your Meals (Intuitive Eating Series Part 4)
- Week 20: Eat Until 80% Full (Hara Hachi Bu) (Intuitive Eating Series Part 3)
- Week 19: Limit Distractions While Eating (Intuitive Eating Series Part 2)
- Week 18: Gaging Your Hunger Cues (Intuitive Eating Series Part 1)
- Week 17: 10,000 Steps Per Day
- Week 16: Assess Your Caffeine Intake
- Week 15: Decrease Sugar Intake
- Week 14: Healthy Coffee Creamers (upgrade yours)
- Week 13: 3 Month Check In
- Week 12: Sleep Enough & Sleep Better
- Week 11: Schedule Your Workouts
- Week 10: Pack A Healthy Lunch (5 Ways to Create Endless Combinations)
- Week 9: Prioritizing Protein
- Week 8: How and What to Meal Prep
- Week 7: Create & Stick To Your Healthy Meal Plan
- Week 6: Get Enough Omega-3’s (Fight Inflammation)
- Week 5: What Is A Healthy Fat & How To Get Enough (Include Healthy Fats)
- Week 4: How to Spot A Healthy Carbohydrate (Upgrade Your Carbs)
- Week 3: Tips to Increase Veggie Intake (Eat Veggies)
- Week 2: 15 Healthy On the Go Breakfast Ideas (Eat BF Challenge)
- Week 1: Tips to Drink More Water