This veggie-loaded healthy hamburger soup recipe is a good old fashion soup that is easy to make, and everyone will love to eat!
How to Make Healthy Hamburger Soup
If you are a meal plan subscriber, this recipe will be appearing on your meal plan soon! Not signed up for weekly meal plans that come with a grocery list and meal prep guide? Learn More and Sign Up for a FREE Week!
Healthy Hamburger Soup Recipe
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 leeks sliced
- 2 celery hearts chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 delicata squash or other winter squash cubed
- 8 carrots peeled and sliced into coins
- 2 sweet potatoes cubed
- 48 ounces beef broth
- 1 can whole tomatoes (15-ounce) - chop before adding
- 1 can tomato sauce (15-ounce)
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- Prep all your veggies (wash, peel, chop, mince etc...)
- In a very large stockpot add avocado oil and onion, garlic, leeks, and celery. Sautee for 3-5 until the onions become a little translucent and a bit tender.
- Add ground beef and cook until the beef is fully cooked.
- Once the ground beef is cooked drain the excess fat. This is SUPER Important or you will have a large amount of oil floating on the top of the soup.
- Place stockpot back on the stove on medium-high and add sweet potatoes, carrots, and squash. Next add the broth, tomato sauce, whole tomatoes, dried parsley, and dried oregano. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer with the lid on. Let simmer for 25-30 minutes until veggies are fork-tender.
- Can't find delicata squash? You can sub any other type of winter squash such as butternut or acorn.