Wahoo it’s Thursday, that means tomorrow is TGIF! I’m excited because tomorrow I’m going to the AZAND annual meeting/ conference in Tucson (one of my favorite cities and where I went for college). I went to California ADA meetings in graduate school, but I haven’t been to an Arizona Meeting yet. I’m excited to network and meet new people. I’m also part of the social media committee so I’ll be updating our twitter account and facebook page while I’m there.
Enough about that though, let’s talk about super healthy and super moist (yes they do exist) pancakes. Yes I know that that there are a million whole wheat protein pancake recipes out there. I don’t know how different this one is from all those but let me tell you this, Mr. Hungry couldn’t stop talking about how moist and amazing they were. He is SUPER picky about his pancakes, they HAVE to be moist or they aren’t pancakes.
He liked them so much that he didn’t even add any Maple Syrup to them. Which totally surprised me because my man LOVES his maple syrup, so much though I kept asking him over and over… are you sure you don’t want any syrup? Granted he added A LOT of chocolate chips to his half of the batter so they were plenty sweet. However, I’ve made chocolate chip pancakes for him before and he definitely added syrup…. so I knew these were special.
I loved these pancakes, but I’m not quite as picky as him (I just want the ingredients to be healthy and I’m good). In reality I’m really a waffle/bread lover, so I enjoy a little denser style pancake too. I really love making Sweet Potato Protein Pancakes, but Mr. Hungry just doesn’t like sweet potato no matter how many things I try to sneak it in! Anyways, until last weekend we hadn’t had one weekend yet in the new house that we could have fun cooking up a brunch together. Paul made some eggs and our brunch turned out delicious! So, as far as the millions of other greek yogurt pancake recipes out there I can’t vouch for them… but I can promise you that this recipe is a winner. These pancakes will definitely be in our regular rotation for the next time the pancake craving hits! Have a great Thursday 🙂
Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- 2 tbsp syrup (I used Walden Farms Pancake Syrup)
- 1.25 cups vanilla almond milk unsweetened
- .5 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2-1 cup add ins (we used blueberries and chocolate chips)
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl (syrup, milk, yogurt, extract, egg) until just combined.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (except add ins) until well mixed (flour, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda).
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients until just combined.
- Add desired "add in" ingredients. (We split our batter, 1 cup of blueberries in half for me and 1 cup of chocolate chips in the other half for Mr. Hungry)
- Heat skillet to medium and spray with cooking oils. Add about 2-3T for each pancake (about 2 inches in diameter) onto skillet. Flip once pancakes are flippable after they begin to bubble.
Kailee Knapp says
I was reading through your recipe but I didn’t see the number of eggs needed for it. And I noticed that it’s in the instructions that egg is included. I would love to try these, but I need to know how many eggs to use, please!?
Kelli Shallal MPH RD says
Hi Kailee, I just used one, I updated the recipe. Sorry about that and thanks for letting me know! Hope you like them if you get a chance to try them 🙂