These blueberry oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes are healthy high protein pancakes that taste like fluffy buttermilk pancakes, but better for you!
This post is sponsored by Shamrock Foods, and as always, all opinions are my own!
Hello friends! I’m so happy to be partnering with my friends at Arizona’s local home town dairy company, Shamrock, to bring you these delicious pancakes today! If you’ve been following for a while you know that I love partnering with Shamrock foods for fun events like the wing contest I attended last fall with Mr. Hungry, the D-backs game I went to UBER pregnant for Shamrock’s alliance with St. Mary’s Food Bank, these healthy creamsicle popsicles and more!
Today I’m excited to share that Shamrock Farms cottage cheese and sour cream have a fun, bold new look, but the same delicious and handcrafted taste that we all love.
Personally, Shamrock Farms cottage cheese has been a staple in my kitchen for years. It’s locally handcrafted, made with a hands-on approach that has been passed down for three generations. Their cottage cheese is made with pure, fresh Shamrock Farms milk, and it’s high in bone-building calcium and protein for a delicious difference you can taste.
Shamrock Farms cottage cheese is packed with protein and low in calories and carbs with no added sugar. Plus, it’s very versatile. I use it cooking all the time or for just a delicious high protein snack. For more ideas, check out these 20+ new ways to eat cottage cheese, I shared a few years ago and look for more recipes (including these pancakes) on Shamrock Foods blog!
But, these oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes are the BEST thing I’ve ever done with Shamrock cottage cheese. The addition of just a tiny bit of Shamrock sour cream makes them taste like fluffy buttermilk pancakes, but are way better for you! And we just love fresh summer blueberries in our house, so I threw some of those in too!
Shamrock foods cottage cheese is available in original and low-fat varieties (I tested both with this recipe, and they both work great!) Look for Roxie and Shamrock’s signature green lid in your dairy case. Visit www.ShamrockFarms.net/coupons to save $1 on any two Shamrock products.
You can also find other great recipe ideas and more information on where to buy, head to the Shamrock foods blog! Also be sure to check out all the great recipes and ideas on their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
How to Make Blueberry Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancakes
This recipe is the easiest thing ever. Just blend all the ingredients and start making pancakes! That’s it!
I don’t have a fancy pancake griddle, so I find that slow and steady is the way to go. I sprayed the skillet with avocado oil, then I used 1/2 cup batter per pancake, and finally, I plopped in some frozen blueberries after I poured the batter in my skillet.
Flip your pancake when the side down is golden brown, and the side up has just started to bubble. I also find it helps to wipe out the skillet if you make more than one batch! Like I said, though, these pancakes are easy peasy, plus they are freezer friendly! I topped ours with plain old maple syrup and butter for a classic taste you can not beat!
Let’s talk ingredients:
Cottage Cheese – do not omit, but you can use low fat or original Shamrock Cottage Cheese
Oats – You can use rolled oats or quick oats. Do not substitute or omit.
Eggs – You can probably use a flax eggs or chia eggs substitute in place of eggs, but I haven’t tried it. If you try it please leave a comment and let us know how it turns out!
Sour Cream – 100% optional, if you don’t want to use it, just omit it
Baking powder – do not omit
Vanilla extract – optional, but adds a nice flavor
Blueberries – you can omit or sub other berries or even chocolate chips!
That’s it! Enjoy friends, and let me know if you try this one!
More Healthy Pancake Recipes:
- 2 Ingredient Egg White Pancakes
- Easy Protein Pancakes (5 Ingredients)
- Blueberry Vegan Protein Pancakes
- Protein Powder Pancakes (5 Ingredients)
- Sweet Potato Protein Pancakes
- Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Oat Flour Pancakes
- Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes
More Blueberry and Oats:
No better combo than blueberries and oatmeal! Here are a bunch of my favorite combinations!
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Vegan Blueberry Oatmeal Bake
- Blueberry Oat Flour Scones
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins with Oatmeal
- Blueberry Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Mason Jar Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
Blueberry Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- maple syrup
- Combine all the ingredients except blueberries in a blender. Blend until just smooth, do not over blend. Your batter should be smooth, but over blending will thin it out too much. Check the consistency every 10 seconds of mixing. It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds.
- Heat a pancake griddle or non-stick skillet on medium and spray with cooking spray. Add 1/2 cup pancake batter mixture at a time, sprinkle with blueberries, and flip when the pancake is set on the bottom and bubbly on top. Repeat with the remaining mixture, until it's used up. It will make about 6 pancakes.
- Freeze pancakes individual and reheat in the microwave, freeze for up to 3 months.
- Store unused pancakes in the fridge will be good for up to five days.
- You can use regular or low fat cottage cheese, nutrition analysis used low fat cottage cheese.