Happy Monday! I’m feeling re-charged and ready to tackle this week head on! This morning I headed to the gym around 4:30am and started with an upper body set that looked like this:
– 15 upright rows + 15 overhead presses (3 rounds)
– 15 lateral raises + 15 front raises (3 rounds)
– 12 mac raises + 6 diamond push ups (4 rounds)
Then I jumped on the treadmill for some cardio. As I mentioned before, I’m taking it easy till I see the sports medicine MD on Wednesday so I just did a short run.
I followed the treadmill with 3 sets of lateral pull downs, 10 reps each. Then I headed home to foam roll and stretch before jumping in the shower!
Clean It Up Mondays: Healthy Pita Pizza
I feel like Mondays are the days I press the RESET button. Weekends are usually filled with at least one day eating out at a restaurant or friends house which sometimes means a little more indulgence. Come Monday I’m ready to hit the RESET button with healthy meals and snacks. The catch is Monday’s can be stressful, which means I usually don’t feel like spending more than 30 minutes in front of the stove. Today, I’ve got the perfect quick lunch or dinner idea for you that is made to clean up your diet on a Monday after all the weekend fun. I was inspired by finding whole wheat Ezekiel Sprouted Pocket Breads at Sprouts a while back.
Each pita is 100 calories and packs 7 grams of protein, that’s a super food whole grain in my opinion! When I see pitas I don’t usually think about stuffing them, I think about layering cheese on top of them and making them into PIZZA!
These individual pizzas crisp up perfectly after just 15-20 minutes in the oven and satisfy any pizza craving instantaneously. Since they are individual pizzas they are easily customizable for everyone to have their own.
I added a good amount of spinach and artichoke to mine so it was almost like a salad pizza rolled into one! The turkey bacon and Mediterranean feta with herbs give it a flavor punch without “needing” a whole lot of cheese. Let’s face it though, life isn’t as fun without goey melty delicious cheese, so mozzarella is a must.
Hope you enjoy and are inspired by this quick healthy meal for an easy clean it up Monday!
Individual Mediterranean Pita Pizzas
- 1 whole wheat pocket bread (I used Ezekiels)
- 2 tbsp marinara or pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 oz crumbled feta with mediterranean herbs (Trader Joe's)
- 1 artichoke canned in water
- 1 piece peppered turkey bacon chopped
- Pan fry your turkey bacon till cooked to desired crispiness level. Set bacon aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Start by topping the pita with the marinara and spinach.
- Add mozzarella, feta, artichokes, bacon and any other desired toppings. Olives, peppers, etc would be lovely.
- Place in oven (or toaster oven if just making one) for 15-20 minutes until crispy and bubbly.
[…] Clean It Up Mondays: Mediterranean Pizza’s […]