A quick and easy 7-Day Healthy Trader Joe’s Meal Plan and shopping list!
I freaking love Trader Joe’s and by the response to some of my TJ’s recipes and recent grocery hauls, you guys do too! So, for today, I thought I’d share a quick and easy 7-day healthy meal plan and shopping list for Trader Joe’s.
Keep in mind this is just a snapshot of a typical meal plan I would throw together when I go to Trader Joe’s. For more ideas you may want to check out:
- Trader Joe’s Staples – a list of healthy grocery staples I get at Trader Joe’s
- Healthy Trader Joe’s Snacks
- Trader Joe’s Recent Grocery Haul
The way this meal plan is built is similar to how I build my What to Eat? Healthy Meal Plan Subscription, enough for one person for breakfast and lunch, enough for 2 people for dinner. You may want to scale up or down accordingly!
Current email subscribers can find the downloadable and printable version of this meal plan and shopping in my library of resources. Not subscribed yet? Use the form below or click here to get access!
Now, let’s get to the recipes and grocery items!
Made with all ingredients that can be found at TJ’s, these delicious oatmeal bowls can be made as overnight oats or instant oats. They pack 25 grams of protein and 13 grams of fiber, filling healthy breakfast for the win!
I’ve mentioned before that one of my favorite items to get at TJ’s is their brown rice tortillas. These tortillas are not good for wrapping as they are rather rigid, however, they are great for quesadillas. I just love the way they get light and crispy when pan-fried. I usually make these healthy breakfast quesadillas with them.
Another option, that I almost included, but didn’t, is my recipe for five-ingredient healthy egg muffins. Those are made with all TJ’s friendly ingredients and are meal prep friendly.
- Trader Joe’s Almond Butter & Coconut Greek Yogurt
- Feel free to sub another whole milk greek yogurt here. I picked this one because I like the flavor and the macro breakdown. If you chose something non-fat, make sure to add some healthy fat to it like nuts or nut butter.
- Hummus & Baby Carrots
- Any hummus works, our favorite is the Trader Joe’s brand Mediterranean hummus.
- Cookie Dough Energy Bites
- Made with TJ’s cashew butter, so freaking yummy and only five-ingredients!
Sometimes I pick up a couple of their “healthier” frozen foods. Of course, frozen foods are packed with sodium, but since I only go to Trader Joe’s once a month I think it’s fine! You do what’s best for you!
- Turkey Bacon Ranch Bowls
- Another one of my favorite items from TJ’s is their uncured peppered turkey bacon. These strips of turkey bacon are without harmful preservatives but, still full of flavor. I like that they are thick-cut so they pack more protein per slice then typical turkey bacon. I like to throw them on a sheet pan with some roasted veggies to make turkey bacon ranch bowls.
One of my most popular recipes on the blog and for good reason! It’s delicious, only a few ingredients, and gives you the secret to cooking cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s!
- Frozen Sriracha Shrimp Bowl
- Frozen Chile Relleno
Just a heads up, you may have already noticed but one of my favorite items to get from TJ’s is the pre-bagged steam in the bag broccoli. You’ll see it in a ton of my recipes but feel free to sub out other veggies where needed if you don’t want to eat broccoli all week.
Trader Joe’s recently announced that their Everything But the Bagel seasoning is one of their most sold items. What can’t you do with that delicious blend of salt, pepper, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds? I don’t know but I like to throw mine on salmon!
You’ll never guess the secret Trader Joe’s item that makes up part of the crust in this parmesan-crusted chicken. Delicious, crunchy, and found only at Trader Joe’s!
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Chili Bowl with Cauliflower Rice
- I love to grab a can of chicken chili and mix it with some cauliflower rice (defrosted on the stove really fast) for a quick and easy lunch. Now that I know about their cornbread chips, I’d eat some of those along with this meal too!
- Gluten-Free Cheese Pizza Cauliflower Crust
- Trader Joe’s Mediterranean Salad Kit
- They have so many great salad kits, feel free to sub a different one!
- I didn’t add this to the meal plan but some of my favorites are:
- Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds
- Trader Joe’s 72% Dark Chocolate