Hi friends, happy Hump Day! I can not wait to share today’s recipe with you! This is one of those recipes I’ve had in my head for SO LONG but haven’t gotten around to making it. It was worth the wait though because today I bring you a delicious and healthy Vegetable Chip Flax Crusted Baked Chicken Recipe that will knock your socks off!
This recipe is the result of a leftover bag of TJ’s Root Vegetable Chips hanging out in the pantry totally untouched since Sugar Free September ended aka since I stopped replacing salt for sugar in my life.
Then one day the idea came to me… Vegetable Chip Crusted Chicken, um yes please! Not only is this ultra healthy and taste amazing but it also is super easy to make, it only requires 5 ingredients! Okay, well you have salt, pepper, and garlic powder already right? I thought so.
Mr. Hungry loved it and said it taste like bacon, I’m not sure where he got that from but if he likes it then that’s a good sign. The guy won’t come anywhere near root vegetables of any type. If he had his way no beets, sweet potatoes, taro root etc would come anywhere near him, but he married a Dietitian so he doesn’t get his way often. He didn’t even really like the chips to start with, but on this chicken he was a huge fan! So that was definitely a win, which makes dinner a win, which makes me super happy!
[Tweet “Delicious and fun #grainfree spin on a classic dinner option! Vegetable Chip-Flax Baked Chicken #glutenfree”]
Definitely give this grain free spin on baked chicken a try and let me know what you think! Have a great Wednesday, after today the weekend is in sight!
Vegetable Chip-Flax Crusted Baked Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil, coat with cooking spray.
- Tenderize chicken breasts by placing them in individual zip lock bags or between saran wrap then beat them on each side with a meat tenderizer.
- Mix your dry ingredients except the chips in a shallow dish.
- Mix wet ingredients in another small shallow dish.
- Coat one breast in egg white-water mix and dredge one side in mixture. Set aside and repeat with second breast.
- Pour half of the crushed chips into the dry ingredients dish and dredge the other side of one chicken breast in the mixture. Add the rest of the chps and repeate with the other breast. Place vegetable chip side up on the baking pan. Cover any bare spots with leftover chip mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until chicken is fully cooked throughout and reaches an internal temperature of 165F.