Hi, friends! Today is going to be a SUPER short post. I’m currently blogging from Starbucks because I finally got smart and went to Starbucks after getting up. I love my husband I do, but when he works from home on Fridays, he drives me nuts. Every Friday I say I’m going to get out of the house and every Friday I end up super annoyed every time he interrupts me to ask me a question. I’m starting to realize that despite working from home when we have kids I’m going to need child care. I don’t think I’ll be one of those super moms that work from home and caring for the kids; I don’t know how some of you do so much throughout the day. I can barely deal with Nala and the cat…..
Anyways, FYI this week’s meal plan went live this morning because I know it’s Easter and many of you may have trouble meal planning. I suggest getting your meal prep and plan done I Saturday this week; it will help I promise!
Friday No Fitness
- Friday – chiropractor/off
- Saturday – lifting session
- I did step ups to reverse lunges (so step up on the right and then lunge back with the right leg) – 10 on each (50#), 12 on each (#45), 15 on each (#35), 20 on each (BW) with sets of 10 leg lifts in between
- Then I did 10 minutes of 30 seconds calf raises, 30-second jump rope, 30 seconds bent leg jack knifes
- Sunday – If you read my solo hiking adventure story you already know I messed up my ankle, and given my existing shoulder impingement, I said screw it.
- Monday – Chiropractor/OFF
- Tuesday- OFF
- Wednesday – OFF
- Thursday – went for a walk with Nala and Mr. Hungry – my ankle seem to have held up, but I’m still babying it a bit – it hurt so bad I’m suffering some trauma
- Friday Favorites
I realized this morning I don’t have a ton of new finds or favorite this week, I was more focused on hobbling around and getting through the week. I am loving the Grande Blonde Roast I’m currently sipping on, but the sign of a toasted coconut cold brew is also calling my name for later FOR SURE.
This morning I tried this combination of 5 ounces cottage cheese, 1/4 cup oatmeal, 2T raisins, and a splash of almond milk. I’ve been breakfast this breakfast on Tina’s blog recently and last night decided to throw the ingredients this morning. I LOVE raisins in anything, so I would say it was a winner!
Since it’s 90 degrees here already (UGHHHHHHHHHHHH), La Croix’s are now stocked again in my refrigerator!
Loved Kath’s article on the complexity of simplicity, I 100% agree.
I also 100% love this new blog I found and post –> 8 Ways Minimalism Puts Money In Your Pocket
If any of you are struggling with IVF treatments or considering them, I highly recommend you check out my friend’s blog Suzlyfe, her openness and honesty regarding her treatments are incredibly inspiring. Also, if you know someone going through IVF and aren’t sure what to say or what not to say, check out those linked posts for help! My other friend and Dietitian Elizabeth has a super inspiring IG account as well!
Megan did an excellent job with here Healthy Easter Brunch Recipes Round-Up! Last week I got to tag along with her to a dinner that was so much fun!
- Where Did Easter Traditions Originate?
- Traditional Foods of Passover
- What You Need to Know about Vitamin C
I thought I would have nothing to talk about this week, but it turns out I had a lot! I’ll leave you with some healthy Easter recipe inspiration, have a wonderful Easter weekend!
Healthy Easter Recipe Inspiration from Hungry Hobby:
Healthy Peanut Butter Glazed Mini Donuts (Flourless)