Healthy Deviled Eggs have a pillowy bed of flavorful, tangy yolk on top a crisp cold shell, the perfect lighter version of this party favorite!
Nothing says Easter or spring that like deviled eggs, alright? Honestly, I could take them or leave them, I mostly think they are good, but they aren’t my favorite thing about spring foods. (Now carrot cake, on the other hand, I’m all over that.) You know who thinks they are the best food that you could ever possibly eat? If you guessed Mr. Hungry, you’d be right. The man LOVES himself some deviled eggs. After years of asking me to make him a healthier version, I finally decided to give it a go.
The thing is, most “healthy” deviled egg recipes call for Greek yogurt as the substitute for mayo. The thing is, I don’t have anything against a high-quality mayo, other than it being a little too calorie dense, especially if you would like to eat more than just a half of an egg. My complaint against Greek yogurt is the tartness it imparts on the mixture that really shouldn’t be there. Instead, I decided to use a mix of sweet relish and swiss laughing cow to give flavor while lightening up this classic dish.
I served them to Mr. Hungry without saying a word about how they were made. He freaking loved them, so much I had to stop him at eight halves so that I could have some for breakfast. When I told him I used laughing cow instead of mayonnaise he almost didn’t believe me. Then the other day, out of nowhere (because my husband is highly random in his thought process) he said: “Hey remember the other day when you put laughing cow in deviled eggs, and they tasted bomb?” Um, yes? Then he said, “genius.” Normally I would have done cartwheels in the living room, but I was so surprised I just sat there staring at him, I’m sure it was quite hysterical to witness. You pretty much have to make them, they were … genius!
Healthy Deviled Eggs
Healthy Deviled Eggs have a pillowy bed of flavorful tangy yolk on top a crisp cold shell, the perfect lighter version of this party favorite!
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 4 laughing cow swiss wedges
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- optional garnish - sprinkles of paprika, dill and green onion
- Hard boil your eggs (this is my favorite method.)
- Peel and cut eggs in half removing yolk, and placing in a sperate bowl. Discard or save for later the yolk of 2 eggs.
- Combine yolks, laughing cow, relish, mustard, salt, and sugar until creamy.
- Pipe back into eggs using a ziplock bag or piping bag.
- Garnish with paprika powder, dill flakes, and slices of green onion.
Serving Size 1 filled half
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2 g
Total Carbohydrates 2 g
Protein 3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @thehungryhobbyrd on Instagram and hashtag it #hungryhobby.
Looking for more party favorites? Try one of these recipes:
Lightened Up Healthy Potato Salad – Vegan