Spinach and Tomato Goat Cheese Quiche is a divine combination of savory spices, fresh veggies, and tangy goat cheese. It’s the perfect protein packed breakfast to make ahead and enjoy all week!
Hi friends, I know it’s WIAW day but I decided to take a little break from those posts. Instead, I’m going to do my best to record a full week of eats so that I can share a bit more. Until then be sure to friend me on snapchat (hungryhobbyrd) if you want the daily nonsense and behind the scenes action! Send me a message, let me know you are a reader and share some of your daily nonsense.
Confession, do to traveling to blogfest I totally failed our healthy habits eat veggies for breakfast challenge week. I get a giant big F that week, BUT, the good news is I’m totally making up for it this week. This Quiche has been a deliciously healthy divine intervention in my breakfast routine. So much so that I’ve made it twice so far and I am definitely considering making it again.
Pay attention, when a food blogger makes food more than once, you know it’s better than just good. Also, I bought goat cheese at Costco and I’m the only one in the house that likes it. #impulsebuyer Luckily I love love love goat cheese, like eat it off the spoon love it. So I think I can handle it, especially if I keep cranking out theis delicious Spinach and Tomato Goat Cheese Quiche!
I also love starting my day with protein and produce, focusing on those two things has probably been the biggest factor in my success of living without obsessively calorie counting and staying on track. That’s why it feels so good when I pull a slice or two of this out of the fridge in the morning. I know I’m setting myself up for success without stressing about making breakfast or choosing the right thing for breakfast. Plus, like I said, I definitely love goat cheese, so it’s an easy win!
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1tsp oil - I used avocado oil
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 Roma Tomato, cut into slices
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Saute chopped onion and garlic (if using fresh) for 1-2 minutes until tender.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted, remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, egg whites, garlic powder (if you didn't use fresh), salt and pepper (I used about 1/4tsp of each.). Add in spinach mixture and mix well.
- Pour into an 8x8 dish or 8 inch cake pan, spread out ingredients evenly.
- Add crumbled goat cheese evenly and top with tomato slices.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are firm (set.) Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 Servings, estimate per serving:
Like this recipe? Check out a few of these other delicious quiche recipes or check out the recipe index!
- Bacon Zucchini Quiche
- Breakfast Egg Casserole
- Southwest Cottage Cheese Muffins
- Zucchini Quiche Breakfast Quesadilla
Pin for later:
For this week’s healthy challenge we are keeping gratitude journals, I’m recording what I’m thankful for here on HH:
- RAIN – we finally got some rain! It makes the dog go crazy but I don’t care, the monsoons are the best part about living in Arizona.
- Mr. Hungry’s unbelievable support and confidence in me. When I’m frustrated with not landing the freelance gigs I want or the ups/downs with life as an RD/blogger/writer/trainer, basically when things aren’t going as I had planned, he lifts me up.
- Friends who you can talk to about anything even after it’s been well over a year since you last talked.
- I’m grateful I found something to do with my life that I’m so passionate about. I love every moment of my day, I love the world of nutrition and helping people heal with food.