Hi, friends! How was your New Years Eve? Our night was so much fun! We hung out with a friend and played cards against humanity (which I’m purchasing now) and catch phrase, played with sparklers, all while drinking and eating all the things like pizza, beer cheese dip, gummy worms and jello shots. (You know, health food.) Bonus, we only had to pay six dollars for an Uber home! Winning!
2016 Goals Recap
Every year on HH I list my new goals for the year and review my old ones. Last year I said I wanted too:
- Professional Development: Obtain my CSSD (Certified Sports Specialist in Dietetics.
- Nope didn’t do this. I decided that paying the 400 dollars or whatever it was wasn’t worth it right now. It would make more sense for me to do that when I need continuing education units to maintain my RD. However, thanks to my Personal Training cert, I’m good till 2018. So, I’m okay that I didn’t do it.
- Attend at least one blogging particular conference (Last year I was accepted to Blog Brûlée and had to turn it down for financial reasons, this year if I’m accepted my hubby, and I have set aside money for me to go. If not hat one then maybe blogher, fitbloggin or IDEA blogfest.)
- Run a half marathon (I’m gonna keep throwing it out there till I die or it happens. One or the other…)
- Fully learn how to use my new DSLR inside and out (I figure in reality this will probably take about a year.) Read the entire manual, take a food photography course (or buy new books).
- Focus on cleanliness/picking up after myself/ make it a habit… We will let Mr. Hungry be the judge of this. It has come to my realization that as an only first generation child my job was to get good grades and go to college. I’m not saying it’s wrong or right, but cleaning up after myself was not engrained into my head. I know it drives the hubby nuts, but if I’m being honest it kind of drives me nuts sometimes. I look around, and I’m like how the heck do I have 15 coffee cups out right now all over the house? I want to work on that!
- Ya, this is continually a work in progress. Some days I’m great, other days I look around and think how the heck are there 15 coffee cups on my desk right now?
- Find ways to celebrate and partake in the Jubilee the Year of Mercy to deepen my faith and commitment to my spiritual health. Reflect monthly on what steps I took, maybe attend a retreat.
- Since I became Catholic in 2012, my religious life has always been guided but with structure. This year was more about me and my relationship with my faith. In a way, that was empowering.
This year, this is HARD! Mostly because I made a list of 101 goals that I want to achieve in my Life Time when I was reading The Success Principles. Now that I have so many goals, it seems hard to break them down to things I want to do THIS YEAR!
- Have 12 regular cycles (sorry if that’s TMI, especially for my male readers.) After five years with amenorrhea, I want to go a full year with regular cycles.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. I want to become a master at enjoying life and letting things go. Yes, I think this counts as a health goal.
- Do ten pull ups! My chin ups are pretty good, and I can do one swinging pull up right now so at least I’ve got a start.
- Be able to walk 50 meters on my hands.
- Do 50 unbroken double under’s.
- Do ten handstand push-ups.
- Take more trips with Mr. Hungry. Our little anniversary trip to Del Mar reminded us how much we love to explore and travel. I want to do more of that this year even if it’s just to other parts of AZ.
- Spend more time with friends and family. I’m guilty of being a workaholic; I want to enjoy spending more time with friends and family.
- Read 12 Books for Fun (non-nutrition related.) So far I’ve readA Dog’s Purpose (so freaking cute) and Blueby Danielle Steele (was good but HEAVY).
- Fully Update & Revamp HH – So much I didn’t know when I first started blogging. I want to go through and update some of my favorite posts don’t look nearly as appetizing as they should. Plus, update stuff on the back end, so it’s easier for you guys to share and save. I definitely need a banner, ASAP. I love that you guys still show up even when I don’t have a banner. My readers are amazing!
- Grow the HH Community! I want to be able to connect with as many people as possible and touch as many people as possible with my mission. To use my humor, creativity, knowledge, and personal experience to inspire, uplift, and empower others to live longer, healthier, happier lives.
This is where I need you guys!
- Make sure we are friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Let me know about the types of recipes, posts, and stories you love so I can do more of that!
- Share the posts that you love with your friends and family!
- Don’t forget to sign up to get your monthly Newsletter freebies!
What are your health, fitness, career, and/or personal goals for this year????