Sheet Pan Baked Jamaican Jerk Salmon & Zucchini is an easy set it and forget it healthy meal ready in less than 30 minutes!
Here we are again at one-pan Monday! I know I say this every week, but I seriously love this series. This is how I eat, super easy, not a ton of prep work or clean-up. I still love cooking elaborate meals but ain’t nobody got time to do that every day. Aimiright?
Over the weekend I took Nala on two long walks and one long run on her birthday. This is why I love my dog, Nala it’s your birthday and to celebrate we are going to go on a long run! Doesn’t that sound fun?!?!
Only a dog and a runner would get excited about going on a long run on their birthday. Anyways, during one of our walks, I started listening to the School of Greatness with Lewis Howes Podcast and the first episode had Jack Canfield (author of the book that changed my life) so, you know I was hooked.
I was having a HARD weekend. I know, wasn’t I just complaining about this last week? Well, life threw a few more punches my way which I clearly wasn’t prepared for. This time it was less about trying to be positive and more about dealing with disappointment, or so I thought.
During the podcast, two quotes stuck out to me and made the world of difference.
“The value of setting a goal is to watch the fears come up and then play wack a mole.”
“Worrying is negative goal setting.”
I realized then that I wasn’t disappointed, I was worried I wouldn’t get to achieve a goal I had set for myself. I had dug the grave for my dream, placed it there and was shoveling dirt back over it with every minute that passed.
I was feeling trapped when really I needed to grab the reins and take responsibility. We are all 100% responsible for the life we chose to live, the house we live in, where we live, what we eat, our health etc. We make excuses for the lack of resources we have and even blame them for our failures.
I like to blame my student loans for just about everything I can think to blame them for. If I could, I would blame the hot Arizona summer on my student loans. The truth is, I created the student loans situation, they aren’t just something that happened to me. The bigger truth is, I can get rid of them faster than the 10 years they are set at, I just have to accept the responsibility to do so.
I remembered something else I learned from the Success Principles, no means next. Instead of continuing to wallow in my self-sorrow, I plastered the walls and my Instagram account with reminders of my dream.
I put it first and foremost in my mind because I believe what you dream about is what you will become. No more worrying, no more drowning in disappointment, just looking forward to the next opportunity…. and the next meal…
If you are a meal plan subscriber, this recipe will be appearing on your meal plan soon!
Not signed up yet? What to Eat? Meal Plans! are balanced, healthy, gluten-free meal plans designed by a Registered Dietitian (that’s me!) to make healthy eating more convenient. Plus they include delicious recipes from Hungry Hobby like this one! Learn More and Sign Up for a FREE Week!
Sheet Pan Jamaican Jerk Salmon and Zucchini
- 4- 6 ounce salmon fillets defrosted, fresh
- 4 Tablespoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1 lemon
- 3-4 medium Zucchini cut into rounds
- garlic salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil and then spray it with cooking spray (I’m a big fan of avocado oil spray.) Place salmon pieces on the middle of baking sheet in a line, top each one with 1T of Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Top each piece of salmon with 1 slice of lemon
- Cut zucchini into wedges and spread evenly across pan around the salmon. Sprinkle garlic salt on top to taste.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until salmon is cooked throughout and flaky. Broil for 1-2 minutes to get a nice golden brown layer on top.
- We served ours with microwavable brown rice but you do you!
Looking for more easy one dish meals? So far in this series, I’ve got these delicious recipes to make your week -nights a little easier and tastier!
- Shrimp and Broccoli Omelets
- Creamy Hummus Shrimp
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- Sauteed Chicken Apple Sausage, Brussel Sprouts & Apples
- Sheet Pan Coconut Glazed Cod & Roasted Asparagus
- Pizza Stuffed Spaghetti Squash (How to cook the whole squash in the microwave!)