Cilantro Jalapeno Creamy Shrimp Stir-Fry comes together in under 15 minutes, uses three ingredients & is an incredibly delicious healthy gluten-free meal with less than 300 calories!
VIDEO ABOVE RECIPE CARD
Happy one pan Monday, friends! How was your weekend? Mine was very normal, except starting our taxes which thankfully was not as bad as I expected. This is the first year I’m filing, so it is all a learning curve. Kind of like this delicious shrimp recipe….
Back in the day, one of the very first times I ate over at Mr. Hungry’s parent’s house, his mom made the most delicious creamy shrimp. She then served a salad, brown rice, and tortillas with it so we could each make whatever we wanted.
I always remembered it and tried to replicate it once before back in 2014, but my version didn’t turn out as creamy as hers. So, last week I called my now MIL to ask her about it. However, I wasn’t too hopeful because it was so so so so so many years ago.
The good news is she remembered IMMEDIATELY but, I was floored when she told me it was hummus. My first thought was “Eww hummus and shrimp?” and then I remember how much I loved the meal, so, I decided to give it a whirl with some cilantro jalapeno hummus I had in the fridge.
I couldn’t believe how quickly it came together with cauliflower rice, shrimp, and hummus. I also couldn’t believe how delicious it was; I could have eaten six bowls in a row! Super creative too, maybe Mama Shallal needs a regular Hungry Hobby spot since I seem to steal her meal ideas often!
This week I start classes, this semester I’m teaching five labs, so I’m going to be busy busy busy. This is exactly the kind of meal I’ll want to make when I get home after the night lab I teach, super simple and quick for the win!
BTW I do not count oil as an ingredient, I think you should have that in your house at all times. I don’t count garnish, because when I’m not taking food blogging pics I don’t use them. Just keeping it real y’all!
If you are a meal plan subscriber, this recipe will be appearing on your meal plan soon!
Not signed up yet? What to Eat? Meal Plans! are balanced, healthy, gluten-free meal plans designed by a Registered Dietitian (that’s me!) to make healthy eating more convenient. Plus they include delicious recipes from Hungry Hobby like this one! Learn More and Sign Up for a FREE Week!
Cilantro Jalapeno Shrimp Stir Fry
- 8 ounces cilantro jalapeno hummus or your favorite flavor
- .75 lbs medium, tail off, precooked shrimp defrosted*
- 16 ounces cauliflower rice
- ½ T avocado oil
- optional garnish – green onions
- Add oil and cauliflower rice to a very large non-stick skillet on medium high. Cook until cauliflower rice is tender.
- Add shrimp and hummus and cook until mixture is hot, stirring frequently.
- Garnish with green onions if desired.
- I used precooked shrimp that I defrosted ahead of time. If you want to use uncooked or frozen shrimp you have two options. 1) You can defrost it in the microwave (but then you will have to wash a bowl.) 2) You can defrost it on the pan FIRST and if you buy uncooked shrimp you can cook it too. Remove it from the pan and set aside, then proceed with the directions as listed.
- Riced cauliflower is available frozen and fresh many places (Costco, Trader Joes, Sprouts etc.) I prefer to use Trader Joes frozen cauliflower rice but you can use whatever fresh or frozen. You can also rice your own cauliflower using the shredder attachment of your food processor. 16 ounces is equal to about one large head of cauliflower.
Looking for more easy one dish meals? So far in this series, I’ve got these delicious recipes to make your week -nights a little easier and tastier!
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- Sauteed Chicken Apple Sausage, Brussel Sprouts & Apples
- Sheet Pan Coconut Glazed Cod & Roasted Asparagus
- Pizza Stuffed Spaghetti Squash (How to cook the whole squash in the microwave!)