These crispy mini shrimp tacos are made from mini corn tortillas are filled with creamy guacamole and juicy shrimp then baked to a golden perfection, served warm with fresh Pico de gallo! A fun appetizer everyone will love! Dairy Free, Gluten Free
Hi, friends! Happy Taco Tuesday! I’m just popping in to share with you another healthier Cinco De Mayo recipe you don’t want to miss! This recipe is very similar to the process of making my super popular oven “fried” taquitos but even easier because there is no pre-cooking required before these little gems bake into a golden crunchy perfection!
All you have to do is fill them and then insert a toothpick (as shown below) to keep them together while they bake. If I’m totally honest, these babies are basically a giant salty pre-filled chip, who could say no to that?
What’s on your agenda for today? We have two more weeks until the semester is done, which is crazy to me! I’ve got some grading to catch up on between classes. I’ll also likely be hitting up the treadmill between my afternoon and evening classes.
Speaking of teaching, I found myself on Rate Your Professor and just about had a heart attack. Thankfully I have decent reviews, but I feel like it’s super weird, like all of a sudden THAT is the proof I needed to confirm that I am an adult.
It’s funny, my whole life I felt like an adult, I worked from the age of 12 helping out with bills and paying my way for extracurricular activities. It seems like I felt like an adult all the way up until I actually became one when I graduated grad school, got married, and got my first job as a Dietitian. When I saw that rate my professor thing, all I could think of was whoa I’m old (not even 30 yet, I’m not old.)
[clickToTweet tweet=”Crispy MIini Shrimp #tacos filled with guac and shrimp the baked to a golden crispy perfection!” quote=”Old enough to sit down with these mini tacos and a batch of tequila sangria, so I guess adulting has its perks right? “] Alright, I’m off to do the adulting thing aka down some coffee and get it done. See you guys tomorrow!
Mini Shrimp Tacos
If you are a meal plan subscriber, this recipe will be appearing on your meal plan soon!
Not signed up yet? What to Eat? Meal Plans! are balanced, healthy, gluten-free meal plans designed by a Registered Dietitian (that’s me!) to make healthy eating more convenient. Plus they include delicious recipes from Hungry Hobby like this one! Learn More and Sign Up for a FREE Week!
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later and follow @hungryhobby for more healthy recipes, quick workouts, and nutrition tips!
Mini Shrimp Tacos
- 12 mini corn tortillas
- 24 shrimp large, precooked, tail off
- 6 tbsp guacamole
- cooking spray avocado oil spray or misto with avocado oil
- optional: 1 cup pico de gallo lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper (for easier clean up) and coat with cooking spray.
- Warm corn tortillas in microwave for 15 seconds (per three tortillas) so that they fold over easier. Spread ½ tablespoon guacamole over half of each tortilla, place two shrimps over guacamole, close tortilla.
- Place taco on the baking sheet. Using a wooden toothpick stab the toothpick thru the top part of the tortilla and a shrimp to keep the top part in place as it bakes.
- Spray the top of the tacos with oil and then sprinkle liberally with salt.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until crispy, serve immediately with lime wedges and pico de gallo.
Love Mexican food? Check out my skinny Cinco De Mayo recipe round up!