Hi, friends! First of all, thank you all for your supportive comments on social media and on yesterday’s post it meant so so so so much to me! In September, I traveled for a full week (Vermont and Iowa) and this past month I traveled back to back trips to Del Mar then Michigan. Before that I hadn’t really traveled in a long time, it made me realized how hard it can be. I’ve given healthy snack tips before, but some of my favorites have changed and I have more ideas so I thought I would start a new list! Hopefully, this is in time for you to get prepared if you are traveling!
What I like to travel with:
- Barney’s almond butter packs– 100 calorie size
- Wild friends sunflower seed butter packs (I get them on sale at Sprouts)
- Inka Plantain Chips or Trader Joe’s
- Jerky (Krave, Lorissa’s Kitchen and my recent favorite Chef’s Cut) For soy free: Epic or Ostrim Jerky Stick
- Larabar Minis
- Caveman Bars
- RX Bars
- Kirkland (Costco) Protein Bars or Quest Bars
- KIND Bars (Nuts & Spices or STRONG )
- UCAN Bars
- Wild Caught Tuna Packs
- True Lemon Packets help me drink water so I don’t get dehydrated.
What I purchase:
- Egg sandwiches or egg dishes if I get to the airport early enough. Something that will keep me full and not having any crazy cravings.
- Salads – sometimes they aren’t the best, but it’s healthy and I keep in mind there will be good food wherever I’m going.
- Veggie packs like carrots and celery to eat with jerky or a bar.
- Burgers without the bun and a side salad if I’m going to sit down somewhere.
What I avoid:
- I avoid bringing bags full of nuts, it’s just too easy to eat a ton of them. Plus, I don’t really love them so it’s easy for me to pass them up in favor of other tantalizing airplane crap.
- Fresh fruit, apparently TSA no longer allows this due to weapons being made to look like fruit.
- Fruit snacks – basically empty calories and extra sugar.
- Pretzels or chips – again empty calories
- Anything sugary, it will get the cravings rolling all day during the stresses of traveling.
Update! I recently did a Facebook Live with all my favorite travel snacks! Catch that below and remember you can catch me live every Tuesday at 10 am – just follow Hungry Hobby!
Healthy Travel Snacks
Posted by Hungry Hobby on Tuesday, May 23, 2017