Want a healthy dessert option or super chocolatey snack? These vegan fudgy chocolate protein brownies are what velvety rich chocolate dreams are made of, and they are top eight free so that everyone can enjoy them!
Do you know what word I frequently forget how to spell? Protein. Ya, I know, it’s just that sometimes that i likes to slip in front of that e, even though it’s not after c. Then, even when I fix it, I’m left staring at the word thinking that something is wrong, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. So, I google how to spell protein, find out that I’m right, and leave feeling slightly unsettled. Does that ever happen to anyone else or just me?
Speaking of protEIn, you can taste the protein powder in these brownies, but just slightly. Ever since I was pregnant I’ve been uber sensitive to the taste of protein powder, I’m getting better, but I still don’t like it. These brownies, on the other hand, I LOVE them. Sometimes I eat them for dessert, but usually, they work well as my afternoon pinch hitter. They squash all my late afternoon cravings, and they are SO easy to make.
How to Make Vegan Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
You’ll want to preheat your oven to 350F and line a 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper. You don’t have to use parchment paper. You could grease the bottom of the pan. I hate doing dishes, but you do you.
When I make these bars, I choose to throw everything in my food processor most of the time, but I have made them by hand before, and they still came out great. In the photos below, I used white sweet potato, but you can use orange or purple if you want!
Once you have a nice thick batter, you’ll stir in your chocolate chips. I usually do this right in the food processor. You do have to maneuver around the blade, but it still works.
Spread out your batter evenly in the pan, and then you bake for 25-30 minutes, that’s it!
You can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week (although I’ve kept mine for close to two weeks with no problem) or freeze them. I usually either bake them in a pyrex dish that has a lid and store them that way. Or, I lift the parchment paper out of the dish (like I did in the photos), cut them and wait for them to completely cool. Once they are cool, I store them in ziplock bags.
You may also like:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Mug Cake
- Healthy Chocolate Mug Cake
- One Minute Healthy PB Mug Cake
- Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Funfetti Almond Flour Cupcakes
- Chocolate Almond Flour Cupcakes
- 18+ Protein Dessert Recipes
Vegan Fudgy Chocolate Protein Brownies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate protein powder can use whey for not vegan
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter I used sweetened
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips enjoy life for allergen free
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper. Grease parchment paper.
- Combine bananas, sweet potato, protein powder, cacao (or cocoa) powder and sunflower seed butter in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour batter into the baking dish, using a spatula to spread the batter out evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.