This pizza turkey meatloaf is freezer friendly, gluten free, and super tasty! If you are sick of the same old meatloaf its time to make a pizza version!
Did you enter the Instant Pot Giveaway yet? Just a few days left, make sure you get on that people!
I have been obsessed with making freezer meals for when baby arrives, but here is the deal: I’m kind of picky when it comes to meals from the freezer. I’m not a fan of mushy food AT ALL which is why there are so few crockpot recipes here at HH. So to avoid that gross “from the freezer” texture and taste I decided to freeze many of the meals I’m making, in the raw.
I made two of these meatloaves, one to test for this post and one for when hungry baby arrives. I guess I was just banking on the fact that it would work and that it would taste good. Well, I knew it would taste good because my mini pizza turkey meatloaves are one of my favorite recipes here at HH!
But who has time to make mini anything when they are prepping as many meals as possible for a newborn? So I decided to make that recipe into a full-size meatloaf that I could freeze in disposable containers (less cleanup!)
After defrosting it for a day or two I just popped it into the oven and out came a healthy, pizzalicious, meatloaf ready for us to devour! I can’t wait to have this meal when the baby gets here! What are some of your guys’ favorite freezer-friendly recipes that I need to add to my list?!?!?! Share in the comments!
If you are a meal plan subscriber, this recipe will be appearing on your meal plan soon!
Not signed up yet? What to Eat? Meal Plans! are balanced, healthy, gluten-free meal plans designed to make healthy eating more convenient. Plus they include delicious recipes from Hungry Hobby like this one! Learn More and Sign Up!
Pizza Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey must be 99%
- 3 wedges garlic and herb laughing cow wedges
- 1.5 cups shredded zucchini squeezed dry of excess water
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp pizza seasoning (or sub 1tsp oregano, basil, and grammajaram)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese divided 1/4 and 1/4
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients except the pizza sauce and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spray an 8x 3.5 x 2.5 bread pan with cooking spray. Pack meat mixture into the pan and cover the top with pizza sauce.
- Cover with saran wrap and place in a freezer bag with directions.
- If frozen, defrost it first. Should take 1-2 days to defrost under refrigeration. Once it's defrosted, or if you didn't freeze at all preheat the oven to 425F. If you froze it first, make sure to drain excess liquid once it's defrosted. Add 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Once it's done, remove it from the heat and let it sit 10-15 minutes. Cut pieces about one inch thick, it may fall apart if you cut the pieces to thin.
You may also like:
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later and follow @hungryhobby on Pinterest for more healthy recipes, quick workouts, and nutrition tips.