Everyone will love these cute as button mini turkey meatloaves packed with pizza flavor! Gluten Free and Low Carb
This recipe was originally posted 3/19/2014 but I’m updating it today because —> I <3 all things Pizza.
I took down most of the original post because it’s basically me complaining about moving 7 times in 7 years and being stressed out buying our first home. Here is a fun little excerpt:
“Most stressful 33 days (yep we were in breach of contract) not of my life, but definitely since wedding planning four months ago. Now it’s all over and time to move… oh great now we get to move… Well, I’ve moved every single year for the last SEVEN years and always in the summer when it’s unbearably hot. I AM SO EXCITED to know that as long as we can make our payments I don’t have to move again for a very very very long time. Thank you, Lord…. I am eternally grateful. Okay, let’s totally switch topics to pizza meatloaf now, because that is a totally normal segway right?”
Well, our house went up in value and we sold so that I could quit my 70 hours a week job and moved to a different house. So now I have moved 10 times in 10 years. One year I didn’t move and another I moved twice in one year. How is it that I still have so much stuff to get rid of?
I wish I could say that we are finally staying put, but that’s doubtful. We moved next to a power plant and it freaks me out, so some day, god willing, when babies become a thing, we will likely be looking to move AGAIN.
Is that crazy? I’m also a certified hypochondriac married to a doctorate level hypochondriac sooooooo there is that. The other day I had a piece of celery stuck in the back of my throat that I naturally assumed was a tumor until it was retrieved and identified, so ya that’s where I’m at. Luckily, no celery in these babies, but I did hide some zucchini in them!
Mini Pizza Turkey Meatloaves
If you are a meal plan subscriber, this recipe will be appearing on your meal plan soon!
Not signed up yet? What to Eat? Meal Plans! are balanced, healthy, gluten-free meal plans designed by a Registered Dietitian (that’s me!) to make healthy eating more convenient. Plus they include delicious recipes from Hungry Hobby like this one! Learn More and Sign Up for a FREE Week!
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later and follow @hungryhobby for more healthy recipes, quick workouts, and nutrition tips!
Mini Pizza Turkey Meatloaves (Gluten Free)
- 1.25 lb 99% lean ground turkey* must use lean meat or it will be too oily to stick together without breadcrumbss
- 3 Garlic and Herb Laughing cow wedges
- 1 shredded zucchini squeezed dry of water
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 2 T minced garlic
- 1 T pizza seasoning 1tsp oregano, basil, grammajaram
- 2 T pizza sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- parsley fresh for garnish
- 3 T pizza sauce for topping
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Combine all ingredients (except the pizza sauce topping) in a large bowl and mix well.
- For the mini meatloaves shape into 6 mini loaves, place on baking sheet covered with foil and greased, and top with ½ T pizza sauce each.
- Bake mini meatloaves for 25-30 minutes, make sure internal temperature reaches 165F. Remove pan from oven and turn on broil. Add 1-2T of mozzarella on each loaf, place pna back in the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes.