By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by National Dairy Council and the Quaker Oats Center of Excellence and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Hello, again friends, happy humpday! Today I’ve got a delicious, filling and quick smoothie recipe to share with you. One flavor combination I hardly ever see is oats with tropical fruit. I think that’s a shame because oats provide a slightly nutty flavor that offset strong tropical flavors perfectly. I’ll admit, there are some consistency issues with pairing oats with something like pineapple, but this smoothie takes cares of that issue no problem!
I really love the unique flavors in this tropical oatmeal smoothie, but what I love more is how creamy it is. I feel like I probably should have titled this post “How to Make the Most Creamy and Filling Healthy Smoothie.”
The secret is in the combination of thick Greek yogurt and chewy oatmeal. Together they come together to provide a delicious creamy texture that you can not replicate with any other combination of ingredients.
Did you know?
A recent study found that oatmeal included at breakfast keeps you fuller longer and reduces hunger throughout the day compared to ready to eat breakfast cereals. Not only does it taste good and keep you full, it’s also good for you!
The powerful combination of oats and dairy provides fiber, protein, and 9 key nutrients to fuel your day. One serving of this smoothie has 9 grams of fiber and 17 grams of protein, now that’s a good way to start your morning!
- 1 cup frozen fruit tropical blend of choice
- 1/2 frozen banana (optional if your blend doesn't contain bananas)
- 2 tbsp old fashion oatmeal gluten free if needed
- 5 ounce vanilla nonfat greek yogurt I used Chobani naturals
- 6 tbsp milk I used fat free
- 3 drops vanilla creme sweetleaf or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and sweetener of choice
- Place all ingredient in a blender and blend until smooth, then drink up!