Oatmeal Crust Breakfast Pizzas are a new spin on your favorite bowl of oatmeal. Half cookie, half pizza, they are a healthy way to start your day!
Hi, friends! Today I’m updating the photos on a recipe from 2014; I can’t believe I waited this long to update it. These oatmeal crusts have been the perfect thing to hit the spot for a quick breakfast in the morning!
In my opinion, the best thing about a bowl of oatmeal is the endless flavor combinations! Some of my favorite unusual oatmeal toppings are cream cheese, cottage cheese, or regular cheese with fruit and nuts. These combinations pack in filling protein and fiber, which help keep me full and energized all morning long.
But, right now, it’s 90 degrees at 6 am so it’s too damn hot for oatmeal. I was doing overnight oats but found out fast that the flavor combination I chose at night may not be what preggo Kelli wants in the morning.
I need to make breakfast, really any meal decisions, at the exact moment I’m going to eat or as close to that moment as possible. That’s what is perfect about these crusts, they are premade, so you can top them without whatever you like in the moment just like toast!
Plus they are super easy to make! Grind up some oats in the food processor, mix with egg whites, honey, stevia, cinnamon, salt, water and coconut oil. Divide the mixture into three balls then flatten out into crusts. The first set I flattened out without using any kind of guide, but because food blog pictures look best with perfect circles, I used a pancake ring on the other ones.
If I weren’t a food blogger I probably wouldn’t own a pancake ring, so don’t feel obligated to use one to shape your crusts. Just freehand them, and they will turn out lovely! I’m storing mine in a plastic ziplock bag in the fridge. They should last at least a week, probably two!
The crusts are slightly sweet, so I would stick to sweet toppings. If you want them for savory toppings like eggs, omit the stevia drops and cinnamon (do not omit honey though, it acts as a binder.)
Speaking of that, let’s talk ingredients:
Oats – I used old fashion rolled oats and processed them for at least 2 minutes.
Salt – I used sea salt, you can omit but I wouldn’t.
Cinnamon – Feel free to omit if you are going to use savory toppings.
Liquid Egg Whites – Do not omit! Acts as a binder.
Honey – Do not omit! Acts as a binder.
Stevia – you can omit or change the quantity to your preferences!
Water – do not omit. You could use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but I haven’t tried it. I would use water. It’s free!
Oatmeal Crust Breakfast Pizzas
- 2 cups oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 10 drops stevia optional
- 1/4 cup water +2-3 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grind oats in a food processor for at least 2 minutes until you get a very fine flour.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour with cinnamon, and salt.)
- Add in remainder of ingredients and mix until a dough forms, add in a tablespoon of water at a time until it is wet enough to mold into a crust but not sticky. (See picture.)
- Split the dough into three sections to form three individual crusts. The most important part is keeping the other crust moist. While you’re working with one cover the other with damp paper towels. When you finish making a crust, cover it with a wet paper towel while you finish making the other ones.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges have slightly darkened. Mine took EXACTLY 18 minutes, every time like clockwork.
Single Serving Oatmeal Crust***Want to make just one single serve portion in the toaster oven? No problem. Here is what you’ll need: ½ cup oat flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp salt, ½ tsp coconut oil, 1 tablespoon liquid egg whites, 1 tsp honey, 6 drops stevia, 2-3 tablespoons of water. Follow directions above adding in water 1T at a time until a dough forms.
Want to make healthy eating easier? Me too! That’s why I started What to Eat? Meal Plans! These balanced, healthy, gluten-free meal plans are designed to make healthy eating more convenient. Plus they include delicious recipes like this one! Learn More and Sign Up!
- 5.3 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup berries (blueberries & strawberries)
- 1 tsp coconut shreds
Nutty Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1-2 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1-2 tsp honey (aka a drizzle)
Peanut Butter Banana
- 1/3 banana slices
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1-2 tablespoons salted peanut butter
Let me know if you try it!
You may also like:
One Bowl Honey Oat Bread – No oil, refined flour, or butter!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later and follow @hungryhobby for healthy recipes, quick workouts, and nutrition tips!