Good morning friends! Today, I’m republishing an old post from when I first fell in love with overnight oats back in 2013. Sometimes, I can’t believe that oatmeal is on my healthy foods I used to hate list, but it totally was until I found overnight oats.
4 Recipe Styles for Protein Packed Overnight Oats
I’ve tried many different recipe styles and LOVE them all, here are the basics:
- The base recipe includes: oats! Gluten Free is fine and liquid (any kind works). I find the best ratio to be as much liquid as oats. However, if you use yogurt you may not need or want liquid.
- Pick your protein: greek yogurt,protein powder, or nut/ nut butters
- Pick your sweetener: I’ve used flavored yogurt, stevia, honey, and/or fruit
- Pick your thickener: if you are not using yogurt you will need to add some chia seeds to help thicken the mix and bring it all together. At least 1 teaspoon is my recommendation, but play around with your preferred texture.
- Add some toppings: nuts and/or nut butter, dried fruit or fresh fruit, milk.. whatever you like!
1. Nutbutter Style Overnight Oats–
This style satisfies cravings for heaping servings of nut butter in the recipe and on top in the morning! (Vegan, Vegetarian, GF, No added sugar)
2. Protein Style Overnight Oats–
This style uses protein powder to add a little extra staying power. (Vegetarian, GF)
3. Greek Yogurt Style Overnight Oats–
This style uses a container of flavored greek yogurt for extra protein, creaminess, and sweetness. (Vegetarian, GF)
4. Parfait Style Overnight Oats
Uses more greek yogurt and less oats for more protein and a creamier texture. The oats still give it a nice chewy texture though and they make it heartier than your normal breakfast parfait. (Vegetarian, No Added Sugar, GF)
Reverse Steel Cut Oats Parfait
Question of the day:
Are you an overnight oats fan? What’s your favorite method of making them?
What’s your favorite breakfast, sweet or savory?
running or sit ups for weight loss says
I hardly leave a response, but i did some searching
and wound up here Four Recipe Styles for Overnight Oats | Hungry Hobby.
And I actually do have a few questions for you if it’s allright.
Could it be simply me or does it look as if like some of the comments appear like left by brain dead individuals?
😛 And, if you are posting at other online sites, I would like to follow anything fresh you have to post.
Could you list of every one of all your community sites
like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?
Julie Harrington says
Great flavor combo ideas!
Kristen Smith says
Such great overnight oat ideas! Love it!
Kelli Shallal MPH RD says
Lauren Harris-Pincus says
I love this! I make overnight oats almost every day and I’m definitely the chia and yogurt girl. I prefer the creamy 🙂