A crispy flatbread pizza with a creamy layer of hummus and piled high with crispy ground beef and delicious roasted veggies.
In my last ButcherBox, I added on a killer member deal they are currently having, 10lbs of ground beef for $50 bucks. $4.99/lb is killer for 100% Grass-Fed ground beef so I hopped on that pretty quickly.
But, when I google those things I just get a ton of cheesy delicious casseroles I can’t eat. I do miss cheese, I wish I didn’t miss it as much as I do but I can’t help it. I miss cheese and BUTTER. (Read about breastfeeding a baby with MSPI here.) I’ve tried to make dairy-free pizzas before, but they are just so disappointing, ya know?
I probably just haven’t tried hard enough yet, but then I thought maybe I’m trying too hard to replace pizza exactly like pizza.
And that’s when I figured it out! Eurkea! Flatbread Pizzas!
Well sort of, I used brown rice tortillas for my base, but you get the idea. These pizzas aren’t trying to be dairy-free, they just are their own delicious crispiness full of roasted veggies, ground beef, and creamy hummus in every bite.
I chose to crisp my tortillas and then bake the whole thing, but to save time you could also just crisp the tortilla and put whatever roasted veggies or dinner veggies you have in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a foil-lined sheet pan with cooking spray and place tortillas on the pan. Crisp tortillas for 5 minutes. WATCH THEM, make sure they don't burn!
- While you're waiting for the oven to preheat and the tortillas to crips, cook up your ground beef in a large skillet* Season ground beef with salt and pepper as desired.
- When tortillas are done crisping up, remove them from the oven and turn the oven down to 350F. Add 1/3 cup hummus to each tortilla. Add 1/2 the ground meat to each pizza and then split the remaining toppings up between the two pizzas.
- Add pizzas back to the oven for 15 minutes, then broil for 3-5 minutes for additional crispiness.
More Ground Beef Dinner Ideas
Use my recipe filtering to find any recipe you want in my recipe index! Filter by meal, ingredients, diet, or occasion! You may also like:
- Paleo Taco Salad with Plantain Chips
- Animal Style Paleo Meatloaf
- Jalapeno and Cheddar Salsa Burgers
- Paleo Sloppy Joe Stuffed Acorn Squash