Meal Prep should not be boring or time-consuming! Meal Prep Burrito Bowls use my popular freezer friendly IP or slow cooker carnitas recipe for the win!
Good morning friends! No baby yet! I’m only 39 and 2 days though so I’m trying to be patient because I know it could be a while or could end an induction. Praying for a natural labor over here but not opposed to an induction if my doctor thinks it’s a good idea. However, one of the reasons I’m feeling so impatient is because I have SO MUCH FOOD prepped in the freezer.
Between the freezer meals that I have prepped and my recent Butcher Box and Smoothie Box delivery, I’m STOCKED UP and nothing else can go in my freezer! And I’m so ready to eat all the yummy meals I’ve got going on in there!
Pork carnitas are one of the meals I have stashed away that I can not WAIT to dig into! The pork carnitas recipe makes almost 10 servings, so it’s enough to have for dinner and then to meal prep lunch for both Mr. Hungry and me for the whole week!
PS I’ve been sharing Mr. Hungry’s meal prep every week on IG stories (@hungryhobbyrd). It isn’t always pretty but it’s what he likes and a bunch of you said you wanted to keep seeing it, so I made it a highlight under my stories section. Let me know if you try this one, it’s a good one!
More Burrito Bowl Recipes:
Meal Prep Carnitas Burrito Bowls Recipe
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 whole bell peppers any color
- 1 cup cooked brown rice I used Seeds of Change Brown Rice & Kale Instant
- 1/2 batch Pork Carnitas Meat
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp green or red onion
Make or Defrost Pork Carnitas
- Make or Defrost Pork Carnitas, see recipe here: https://hungryhobby.net/instant-pot-pork-carnitas/
- Wash and chop romaine lettuce - if you didn't purchase pre-cut lettuce. Wash, dry, and cut in half cherry or grape tomatoes. Devein and deseed bell peppers and chop them.
- Fill each meal prep container with 1 serving of pork carnitas, 1 cup lettuce, 1/4 of tomatoes, 1/4 of bell peppers, and 1/4 cup brown rice. Add 1/4 cup guacamole. I recommend using these cups for meal prep.
- Garnish with onion and/or lime wedge.
Like this recipe? You might also like:
Simple Meal Prep Tips for Beginners
Meal Prep Instant Pot Maple Mustard Pork Tenderloin
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later and follow @hungryhobby for more healthy recipes, quick workouts, and nutrition tips!