These sizzling and slightly spicy steak burrito bowls are filled with beans, cheese, fresh pico de gallo, guacamole, for a simple meal that works for both lunch and dinner.
Meal Prep For Weight Loss officially went on sale yesterday! You guys, I’m like a little kid. I’m so excited to hear when y’all think! In case you missed it, here was my announcement on the gram (@hungryhobbyrd):
Technically, just the ebook has launched.
I don’t know about you, but whenever I’m cooking recipes, I use my phone to read the recipe I’m cooking. So, if you are like me and would prefer an ebook version, you can grab your copy now, BEFORE the print version is released.
AND if you do, I’d love for you to leave a review. Amazon reviews are so important to the success of a book, so please leave your review!
In honor of the book officially going on sale, I thought I’d share one of my most favorite recipes from the book. Okay, they are all my favorite, but I love this one! It’s basically a homemade chipotle bowl, so it’s delicious!
Let me know if you try it! Leave a comment or tag me @hungryhobbyRD with your meal prep!
Meal Prep Steak Burrito Bowls
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground chile pepper
- 1 lb flank steak cut into 1-inch strips
- 1.5 tsp avocado oil
- 4.5 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 15 ounce black beans 1 can, drained
- 3/4 cup pico de gallo drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- In a gallon-size freezer bag, combine the onion powder, paprika, sugar, garlic powder, salt, cayenne, and ground chile. Seal the bag and shake to mix well. Add the steak strips to the bag, reseal the bag, and shake to coat the steak well.
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the steak and cook until your desired doneness, 5-20 minutes(depending on how rare or well done you like your steak.) I recommend cooking it to 165F if you plan to keep it for the full five days.
- In each of the 3 storage containers, arrange 1.5 cups of romaine lettuce, 1/3 cup black beans, 1/4 cup pico de gallo, and 1/4 cup cheese.
- In each of the small containers add 1/4 cup salsa and 2 tablespoons guacamole.
- Let the steak cool completely and divide among the storage containers.