Hi Friends! I know this post usually goes up on Sunday but I was a little behind catching up on everything from the weekend trip! Mr. Hungry and I had a wonderful time in Colorado attending our friends Brandon and Amy’s wedding. We ended up flying in a day early because we couldn’t pass up an opportunity to go hiking in Colorado.
Definitely a change of pace from Arizona! (I have to say I was a little nervous leaving little pup pup with a babysitter for a couple of days but they did great, whew what a relief!) We settled on hitting up boulder canyon which was about an hour from where we were staying in Englewood. The scenery was breath taking and Mesa Trail was moderate difficulty so we could enjoy the sights instead of focusing on just making it through, perfect!
On our way back to the car we decided to take a little jaunt up to Mallory Cave to see the bats. We figured it was only 0.8 miles, that’s only 1.6 round trip, no problem! WRONG- 0.8 miles of STRAIGHT UP, awesome workout I was not expecting to get in. In fact I loved the going up, the coming down is another story. Hello shaky legs, my legs were still shaking when we got in the car! After we made it to the top I sat down and had to give myself a little pep talk to get back down. The bat enclosure was pretty cool though!
View from the top of the cave down the canyon was also totally worth it.
In sum we did about 5 miles in 3 hours, that incline was NO JOKE! Then it was off to get lunch and make it back to the hotel in time to get ready for the wedding. I loved the fall and pumpkin theme, it slightly reminded me of our wedding theme.
The weather was quite literally gorgeous, upper 70’s with a light breeze, you seriously can’t ask for anything better than that on your wedding day.
My dress is the only thing I kept from my last stitchfix, I really like it though! Mr. Hungry and I didn’t really know anyone aside from the Bride and Groom, but we sat with some friendly people and really had a great time spending time with each other. Oh, and of course enjoying all the awesome wedding food like cheese, steak, and cupcakes!
MEAL PLAN WEEK 6
[Tweet “A whole week of healthy meal ideas via @hungryhobby #LT90DayChallenge #90DayTeamKelli #weightloss #lowcarb #lifetimerd”]
- Pumpkin Coffee Smoothie–> AKA The best coffee smoothie ever.
- Make Ahead Smoothie Packs –> get creative!
- Vegan Pear Quinoa Bake —> Cut into bars for a portable snack, or freeze some for later! (D. TOX Friendly)
- Low Carb Cereal via Life Time Weight Loss Flourish Blog
- Tilapia Taco Salad via Life Time Weight Loss Flourish Blog
- Cashew chicken and Broccoli via Life Time Weight Loss Flourish Blog
- Shrimp Kabobsvia Life Time Weight Loss Flourish Blog
- Jalapeno Cheddar Turkey Burger –> I still make this ALL the time!
- Oven Fried Drumsticks and Broccoli slaw
- Spaghetti Squash with TJ’s Turkey Bolognese (Trader Joe’s has an awesome new frozen Turkey Bolognese ready to go!)
- Almost 5 Ingredient Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche
- Out! Chipotle salad bowl (see my review on the app here) or make at home taco salad night with Cauliflower Rice!
Hope you have a great week!