Jalapeno and cheddar turkey burgers are juicy, cheesy, and spicy favorites for your next grill night!
Jalapeño & Cheddar Turkey Burgers
Hi, friends! Happy Tuesday, I hope you are having a great week! This burger recipe is an old Hungry Hobby favorite from 2014 which desperately needed to be updated photos! For fun, I left some of the original posts because Parks and Rec is still one of my favorite shows, see below!
Original post 2/27/2014: This was one of those great dinners that came together in no time on a night when plans were up in the air. We went to do grocery shopping at Sprouts on Sunday and decided to make turkey burgers for dinner (what happens when I put “wing it’ on the schedule.)
Originally I was going to make an old recipe from my cookbook, but then Paul saw the Jalapeño and Cheddar burgers in the meat case and was commenting on how good they looked, so we decided to make a turkey burger version at home.
I was cracking up in my head a bit though because earlier that day we watched the Parks and Rec episode where Ron and Chris have a cook off… if you haven’t seen it WATCH IT because it’s hilarious.
Image Source: Ron Swanson’s 7 Best Statements About Life (www.hellowgiggles.com)
Jalapeno and Cheddar Turkey Burgers
Feeling low carb? Try this burger chopped up on a taco salad!
Jalapeno & Cheddar Turkey Burgers
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Shape into six (Notice half of them have more jalapeño than the others? That isn’t an accident, I love jalapeños but the hubby has a serious threshold where spicy become unenjoyable. So, I added half the jalapeño to the whole mix, made 2 turkey burgers. Then I added the other half the the mix and made two more turkey burgers. They looked kind of big so I took a little from each one to make the fifth burger.)
- Place large nonstick pan over medium heat (no need to spray it with cooking oil.)
- Cook burgers until they are cooked throughout and reach 165F, about 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Serve as a burger with whatever veggies you like (avocado, onions, tomatoes etc.) or over salad.
Love burgers? Me too! Try one of these recipes!
Paleo Autumn Turkey Burgers
Questions of the Day:
Whats your favorite meal to re-make healthier?
Mine is a tie between Mexican Food and Pizza. Both are super easy to knock tons and tons of calories off without sacrificing flavor. I’ll take a homemade enchilada bake any day of the week, or a quick whole wheat pita crust pizza always does the trick!
What is one food that you think can-not/should not be made healthier?
The hubby keeps asking for “healthier” biscuits and gravy. In my mind, I’m just thinking…. Uh, that wouldn’t be good…. I don’t think so. Maybe it is because I don’t like biscuits and gravy myself, but I just can’t see it being lightened up being right or worth the effort of trying.