Happy Tuesday Friends! Guess what? I have the BEST super flavorful veggie packed Turkey Burger recipe for you EVER today!
How did these amazing burgers come about? A couple of weeks ago TJs had this Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce as part of their sample.
I don’t remember what the sample was actually of, but I do know that I immediately impulse purchased this sauce because it was so good. Then last week when I was making Jalapeno Cheddar Turkey Burgers I got the idea for Green Curry Turkey Burgers and of course got super excited! I also got the perfect “curry vegetables” like mini chinese cabbages and carrots in my farmbox last week to shred and stuff in the burgers.
I shredded the cabbage and carrots and stuffed as much as possible in the burgers. In fact, I stuffed them so full of veggies that the recipe made 6 full turkey burgers. I was kind of surprised it made so many turkey burgers because they didn’t seem overwhelmingly veggie packed (still mostly meat). I used the leftover cabbage and carrots for dinner last night. They smelled HEAVENLY while they were grilling and I couldn’t wait for one to be done cooking so I could take a bite. Mr. Hungry and I devoured the first one no bun, no dressing, no salad… just devoured it. Good thing they only came out to 130 Calories per burger, because I topped a salad with a second one after I was done taking pictures of them.
[Tweet “Check out these delicious turkey burgers packed with Thai Green Curry Sauce, veggies and lean protein by @HungryHobby!”]
If you try them, I hope you love them as much as we did! Definitely let me know if you do 🙂
Green Curry Turkey Burgers
- 3/4 cup Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce Trader Joe's
- 1 lb ground turkey (I used 99% fat free)
- 1.5 cup shredded mini chinese cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp egg whites
- 2 tbsp pancko bread crumbs (or oat flour or coconut flour)
- 1 green onion chopped
- Preheat grill, grill pan or I used a George Foreman.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. (Note if you don't want to add the panko you can substitute oat flour or coconut flour, it's just to help keep burgers together. Or you can use 1/4 cup less sauce and skip it all together, but that will decrease some of the flavor.)
- Divide meat into 6 burgers, it will be very watery that's okay.
- Cook on medium high for 3-6 minutes on each side. (It took 3 minutes per side on the GF.)