Happy Father’s Day! If you’re thinking about beating the crowds and cooking up Dad some grub instead, check out this healthy recipe round up for Father’s Day post for some inspiration. It’s got you covered from brunch to grilling to dessert.
This weeks grocery shopping was done Friday night right when TJ’s was about to close. Gotta get those chores in and get on with the weekend ya know?
We also stopped by Sprout’s on Saturday to pick up some berries and ended up with all this stuff plus a rotisserie chicken for dinner.
Lots of the usual options!
– Green Chile and Cheese DIY Frozen Breakfast Burritos (I actually didn’t have any last week, for like the firs ttime in the last 6 months.)
– Dinner leftovers (recently I’m all about dinner leftovers for breakfast, usually they are high protein and powered to get me through the morning.)
– Vigilant Eats Superfood Cereal
– Banana Sunflower Seed/Almond Butter Quesadillas/Fruit Wraps
– today’s grilling leftovers (plus we plan to grill extra chicken sausage to eat all week)
– Deli chicken salads
– Tuna salads
- Sunday- Grilling- Tri tip steaks, chicken sausage, veggies, salad, sweet potatoes
- Monday- leftover chicken sausage with shaved Brussels Sprouts
- Tuesday- something quick like tuna or a quesadilla for Paul, I’ve got a work thang
- Wednesday- Paleo Chorizo Fried Rice (Worthy Pause)
- Thursday- Salmon or Mahi Burgers Salad
- Friday- wing it
- Saturday- out
As best as possible I’m going to try and participate in the Summer Shape Up 2014 from Gina, the Fitnessista, which I’m so excited about because it’s been fantastic in the past and it already looks like an awesome plan. I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to follow it but I’m basing my workouts on her program this week. I’m hoping I’ll be able to do a lot, I’ve been feeling a million times better since going to Physical Therapy.
- Sunday- Swim and Abs
- Monday- Physical Therapy
- Tuesday- Run and Strength
- Wednesday- Zumba or Walk
- Thursday- Physical Therapy
- Friday- Run and Strength
- Saturday- Elliptical? (Last time I got on the Elliptical was over 5 months ago, so I’m pretty apprehensive about getting on it. We will wait till my PT clears me.)
Have a great Sunday, especially all you Dad’s out there!