Butternut Squash Feta Quiche is packed with savory flavor and sweet buttery squash. It’s the perfect high protein breakfast for any special fall occasion! (Gluten Free)
Happy Sunday! I told you had recipes up the wazoo for you and I do! One more coming this week then some workout stuff and Thanksgiving tips!
Make sure your checking back all week, or sign up to get your tailgating ebook and posts to your inbox! I made this quiche last week and ate it all week, I loved every sweet bite of it. It almost tastes like a stuffing in quiche form, which sounds confusing, but I promise it was truly delicious!
In other news, having a baby looks insane. Sometimes, I think the dog is crazy and then I watch my nephew. Happy, fussy, happy, fussy, happy, fussy, and repeat FOREVER.
Seriously, nothing freaks me out more than having someone depend on me entirely forever. As an only child, I think that is a tough concept to swallow. I can’t even share my food or clothes, it seems crazy and yet so normal at the same time. How is that possible? FOR. REAL.
This week is going to be a fun balance between family and work. I’ve realized working from home is easy when you have the house to yourself and the pets. Filled with people is a whole other story, I found myself waking up at 4:30 AM just to get some work done.
It’s okay though because when you are at work and everyone is at home that is torture too. You spend the whole day texting them and feeling left out, you can’t win. One thing I’ve realized, babies are awesome, when they sleep. I get a ton of work done while baby and puppy are asleep, lord help me if I get lucky enough to become a mom.
You May Also Like:
- Butternut Squash Pumpkin Soup
- Oven Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussel Sprout Salad
- Slow Cooker Turkey Butternut Squash Chili
- Sausage & Apple Stuffed Butternut Squash
- Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash Zig Zags
- Roasted Butternut Squash Whole & Halves
Butternut Squash Feta Quiche
- 2 cups egg whites liquid
- 3/4 cup feta
- 12 ounces cubed butternut squash 1.5 cups
- 1 T avocado oil or EVOO
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme dried ground
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- butter or coconut oil for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Toss squash in oil and garlic salt, bake for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Remove squash from oven once it is tender and reduce heat to 375F.
- Grease 9 X 13 oven safe casserole dish and evenly spread out squash on top of it. Next layer in the feta. Sprinkle seasonings on top.
- Pour 2 cups of egg whites over the top.
- Bake until set for 35 to 45 minutes (mine took closer to 45).
I was planning on serving this quiche for breakfast Thanksgiving morning. I’m all for a high protein breakfast on a day that there will be more carbs and alcohol than usual. However, certain members of our family despise butternut squash.
I wanted to be like, whatever then, make your own food, more for me! However, that wouldn’t make me a very good host, now would it? Luckily I have loads of yummy delicious quiche recipes on the blog perfect for feeding a crowd any holiday morning. Looking for some ideas?
Delicata Squash Egg Bake
Ham & Pepper Jack Veggie Crustless Quiche
Spinach & Tomato Goat Cheese Quiche
Healthy Breakfast Sausage Casserole
Bacon Zucchini Quiche (this may be the winner for Thanksgiving morning this year, it was a hit in the past!)
Don’t forget it, pin it for later!