Chicken tossed with a super easy homemade spicy and smokey BBQ chipotle sauce is the star of this delicious crunchy salad topped with creamy ranch dressing.
As many of you know, I’ve recently been on somewhat of a chipotle kick. From honey-chipotle sauce doused on grilled honey chipotle wings or baked with salmon to creamy chipotle sauce on top of stupid easy shrimp tacos, I’m loving chipotle sauce in all forms. My barbecue chipotle sauce that I posted recently is no exception!
I refuse to eat boring, dry, gross salad anymore. I spent years of my life I can never get back using calorie-free salad dressing and eating bland gross salads. I’m sad and a little embarrassed to say, some of that nonsense is even documented here on the blog in its early days.
Now, when I see people reach for that type of dressing at the grocery store I have to fight every urge in my body to stop them and tell them they don’t have to eat like that to be healthy or lose weight. FOOD SHOULD TASTE GOOD and be made from real food, not chemicals!
Tossing the chicken with such a flavorful sauce takes this salad from “run of the mill” to something worth eating.
For the base of the salad, I started with a base of romaine lettuce (my favorite kind of lettuce), then I topped it with halved cherry tomatoes, chopped bell peppers, and diced avocado. Finally, I chose to drizzle ranch and sprinkle crushed salty plantain chips over the top. IT WAS DELICIOUS!
No diet food here. That’s not sustainable healthy living friends!
Enjoy this recipe, and let me know if you try it friends! I hear our little man on the monitor, so it’s time to get the day started! Life has been crazy this week with everyone who usually takes care of him getting sick, but I’m trying to enjoy the extra time with my little guy instead of stressing about all the things I’m failing to do. He’s only little once.
And we only live once, so no bland gross salads, okay? Just delicious, full of life and flavor salads like this one!
BBQ Chipotle Chicken Salad
- 2/3 cup BBQ Chipotle Sauce
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast cubed
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 sprinkle salt and pepper
- 8 cups chopped leafy greens I used romaine
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 chopped bell pepper deseeded and deveined
- 1 avocado
- 4 tbsp ranch I used primal kitchen ranch
- 2 ounces plantain chips or other crunchy chip
- Make or buy BBQ chipotle sauce.
- Add cubed chicken to a non-stick skillet on medium heat with oil. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper as you toss the chicken. Cook on medium heat until the chicken is fully cooked and reaches an internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Toss the cooked chicken with 1 cup of BBQ Chipotle Sauce.
- Prepare salads by dividing veggies evenly among four servings. For each salad, you will have about 2 cups greens, 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, 1/4 avocado, 1/4 bell pepper, and 1/4 of the chicken mixture. Top salad with crushed plantain chips and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons ranch dressing.
- Garnish with cilantro and green onion as desired.