Carne Asada Flank Steak Salad is a flavorful way to enjoy the bold flavors of the grill and the cool crisp refreshing feeling of a chopped salad.
Happy Hump Day friends! You guys may remember this amazing steak from my IG stories on the 4th of July. It was definitely the highlight of the day. There is something just so incredibly rich about topping a cold crisp refreshing salad with something as flavorful as steak.
Sometimes I can’t believe that I didn’t eat any red meat for four years. Isn’t that crazy? I’m guessing you don’t have a fear of red meat or you wouldn’t have clicked over to this recipe or opened this email.
However, on the reader survey, you guys asked for more nutrition related posts. So next week I’m going to share my experience with Butcher Box (use my link to get 10 bucks off plus free bacon), which is where I got this beautiful flank steak, and why I started eating red meat again.
Again, if you clicked on this recipe it’s unlikely you are avoiding red meat, but you can send it to someone you know who does. Like how Mr. Hungry sends me yahoo news articles daily just to infuriate me.
The last one he sent me was about supplements and said that fish oil was worthless but green tea extract was a go. Well, that’s fantastic, fish oil has a million benefits and very little risk unless you are on blood thinners. Green tea extract has risks of causing liver damage so that’s great, I can’t imagine why people are so confused when it comes to nutrition.
Alright, I’m off got to get work done. My work days have been short this week because when Mr. Hungry gets home it’s time to get packing and making trips to the apartment. I can’t believe we move on Friday!
I’m trying to think of the apartment like a mini vacay. There is an onsite gym, a hot tub, and a pool I don’t have to maintain.
Plus we are living off all the food that I cooked for the blog all month so I won’t be doing very much cooking. That’s the positive side of me trying to prevail over the little part of me that is screaming THIS SUCKS THIS IS SO ANNOYING WHY DID THIS HAPPEN? Then I remember the demons crawling all over everywhere at the outside of the house we almost bought. An apartment is better than that!
PS if you missed it make sure you check out my Facebook live I did yesterday on how to make cashew date coffee creamer!
Carne Asada Flank Steak Salad
[clickToTweet tweet=”Carne Asada #Flank #Steak #Salad recipe, double the marinade for a dressing! #paleo #glutenfree ” quote=”Carne Asada #Flank #Steak #Salad recipe, double the marinade for a dressing! #paleo #glutenfree “]
Carne Asada Flank Steak Salad
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 lbs whole flank steak
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes half
- 1 avocado
- 4-6 cups greens I used a power greens mixDressing (this is essentially the same as the marinade ingredients but with just a couple tweaks which are bolded)
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup avocado oil I used blood orange
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ jalapeno
- Combine marinade ingredients in a blender. Add flank steak and marinade to large zip lock bag and let marinade in the fridge for 4-24 hours. The longer the more flavorful!
- Preheat grill to 500F. Take steak out of the marinade and grill until it reaches 165F. Grill to your desired liking, we like our steak well done. Once it’s off the grill and done, let it sit for a couple minutes before slicing it into thin strips.
- Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds.
- To a large bowl add the greens, then top with bell peppers, tomatoes, avocado, and steak. Cover with desired about of dressing and you are ready to dig in!
Like this recipe? You will love these then!
As always, please remember that I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with Hungry Hobby!