Sweet Potato Coffee Brownie Cake is a fudgy and dense with a delicious coffee cake crumb topping! Healthy enough for breakfast, delicious enough for dessert!
Hello again from Chicago friends! Today is mostly a travel day but I had a great time at the conference, I’ll be sharing more tomorrow for sure! Right now I’m trying to sort through all my expo goodies, trying to convince myself to part ways with things I’ll never use like the millions of branded swag bags I got.
Desperately trying to shove everything in my suitcase is not working so now I have to either carry it on the plane or part ways with it. I know, it’s a real problem.
The last few days eating habits and drinking habits have not been great either. The first few days I was here I felt like I barely ate because I was so busy talking to everyone. There may or may not have been an incident where I paid 30 bucks for some hummus at 11 pm at night because I was so hungry.
Then the conference gets rolling and all of sudden there are sponsored meals and free food at the expo all the time. Then you are eating all this stuff that you don’t normally eat, then that catches up with you. It’s weird. I say this as I pick ham and egg out of a room service ordered sandwich while I finish up this post!
So needless to say I’m excited to get back to routine ya know? Normal wake up and bedtimes, etc. The best part is I’ve got a little break from traveling this weekend which is heaven. I plan to NOT leave my house at all. Just kidding, maybe! haha
Either way, I’m so excited to have some of this healthy dessert/breakfast hanging out in the freezer just waiting for me when I get back. I started out intending to make a coffee cake but they turned into more fudgy delicious brownies, which I’m totally okay with.
I mean who doesn’t want a brownie for breakfast? Sometimes I set out to make something like coffee cake but I care more about the ingredients that I put into it then I do what I’m trying to achieve. This was one of those cases, I wanted sunflower seed butter and sweet potato to be the main ingredients, the heaviness of those two make it fudgier and less cakey. Like I said, so not complaining because this one is delicious, definitely let me know if you try it!
Sweet Potato Coffee Brownies
[clickToTweet tweet=”Sweet Potato #coffee #brownies – #healthy enough for #breakfast, delicious enough for #dessert” quote=”Sweet Potato #coffee #brownies – #healthy enough for #breakfast, delicious enough for #dessert”]
Sweet Potato Coffee Brownie Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8 x 8 pie dish or baking pan with oil or line with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients for brownies in a food processor until fully mixed.
- Spread mixture in the bottom of the pie dish.
- Make the crumble by combining all the ingredients (melted butter, nut meal, coconut sugar, and cinnamon).
- Bake for 25-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. I know this is a WIDE range. I used two different types of pans for baking this and one pan was just slightly differently shaped and it only took 25 minutes to bake. The brownies shown in the pictures were in a smaller pie dish and took almost 45 minutes to bake. If your topping starts to get too dark then cover it with foil.