Need some finger food for a party, potluck, or tailgating? These Bite Size Spinach Dip Stuffed Potato Skins are the perfect easy homemade appetizer!
PSSSST Did you know that by clicking thru any Amazon link I have up at HH to make any purchase on Amazon you can help support Hungry Hobby? Regardless of whether you purchase whatever it is you clicked on, if you get to Amazon through any of my links your purchase will help pay for the expenses of maintaining and running Hungry Hobby! Thank you so much for your support!
Well hello and happy Tuesday! A quick reminder: if you haven’t taken the blog survey yet, make sure you do that now! Here is the link!
Next week I’ll be announcing the winner of the random Amazon gift card drawing and sharing the survey results. Your input determines the direction of HH this year. So far I’m hearing a ton of requests for minimal ingredient easy weeknight dinners. Your wish is my command!
Your input also helps determine what kind of recipes will go on the official HH What to Eat? Standard and Custom Meal Plans!Have you checked them out? Watch the video to find out how it works and secure your spot for a clean eating plan starting January 1st! There will be tons of additional information on prepping in our facebook group as well! Right now my beautiful SIL is working on loading past HH recipes into the system while I add the new recipes. Which means for meal plan subscribers there will be new ideas all the time, you’ll have access to your recipes all in one place and an easy way to print them. Recipes like this might be a special request for a custom plan or something you could eat as a side dish all week long in a standard plan.
For those of you bloggers/trainers/nutritionists/dietitians out there, I’m working on an affiliate program for the meal plans! Email me at hungryhobbyatgmail.com if you are interested and I’ll send over the deets once they are ready!
Last year, during the healthy holiday challenge one of my TI Fitness participants mentioned she wished there were more healthy appetizers on the blog. I’ve remembered her suggestion all year until now, so these next weeks are all about the apps. I get it, you guys are looking for healthy options to serve at your party, for tailgating, or to take along with you to a potluck. So this week you will get plenty of ideas plus you can always check out my appetizer section!
Bite Size Spinach Dip Stuffed Potato Skins
Finger food for a #party, #potluck, or #tailgating? Bite Size Spinach Dip Stuffed Potato Skins! Click To Tweet
Bite Size Spinach Dip Stuffed Potato Skins
Yield 32 bites
Need some finger food for a party, potluck, or tailgating? These Spinach Dip Stuffed Potato Skin Bites are the perfect easy homemade appetizer!
- 48 ounces red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or ¼ teaspoon dried)
- ¼ teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces spinach dip (I used the Greek Yogurt Spinach and Kale Dip from TJ’s)
- 1-2 strips bacon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wash and dry potatoes. Next, cut them in half and toss with oil and seasonings. Bake them FACE DOWN/CUT SIDE DOWN on a baking sheet for 20 – 30 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork. NOTE You do not want them so tender that they fall apart, they need to be just tender enough so that you can eat them but not so tender you can’t cut into them.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and let them cool. Once they are cool enough to handle, scoop out the centers leaving ¼ inch potato flesh around all sides.
- Combine the scooped-out potato flesh with spinach dip.
- Use a ziplock bag with the corner cut off to “pipe” the filling back into the potato halves.
- Garnish with bacon, can be served hot or cold!
Courses Appetizer, Snack
Serving Size 2 bites
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Total Carbohydrates 17 g
Protein 4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I'd love to connect with you!I am always so grateful when you let me know you tried one of my recipes or workouts and tag me in your photos or updates. Tag @hungryhobbyRD if you make this!
More healthy appetizers: