Hi all, lets jump into this weeks healthy challenge! This week I’m going to try to get my stress level under a bit better control with practicing meditation. Study after study shows that even just 5 minutes daily can help balance hormones, decrease inflammation and lower blood pressure. Lately I’ve found it becoming more and more difficult to shut off my mind. I’m having a hard time being present in a situation because I have so many different aspirations. The last time I was practicing meditation for at least 5 minutes was right before the RD exam. Even with all the studying and wedding planning craziness, that 5 minutes a day (usually right before bed) always left me feeling refreshed and renewed. So this week I am trying to work that back into my life. If you are new to meditation here are some helpful resources to get you started.
Previous Healthy Habits Challenges:
*Note challenges are posted Sundays and recaps are on Mondays. I always love when people participate with me, so let me know if your going to join in!
Week 2: Limit snacking/tasting during food prep/cooking & Recap
Week 3: Aim for more high quality sleep
Shopping was done Saturday morning and evening, great to knock it out of the park and not have to go Sunday!
I’ve been trying to vary our morning green juice a bit by choosing different leafy greens (instead of just kale). The more variety the more nutrients! Yesterday I actually juiced the kale and celery, then stuck the juice in the blender with a cucumber and apple (to retain the fiber and nutrients from the pulp and skins). Aside from the extra dishes, I thought that worked very nicely!
- Greek Yogurt & Quinoa Granola
- DIY Frozen Starbucks Feta Wraps
- Overnight Oats
- English Muffin (PB & Banana/or Egg & Cheese)
- Dinner leftovers
- BBQ Chicken and Bacon Salad w/ goat cheese, dates, and balsamic dressing—> can’t wait to create this one!
- Sunday- Chicken Chorizo Stuffed Squash
- Monday-Mu Shu Shrimp
- Tuesday-Broccoli Quesadillas or Omelets
- Wednesday- Chicken Sausage & Apple Saute
- Thursday- Salmon & Roasted Asparagus
- Friday- Wing it/out
- Saturday-Wing it/out
- Roasted Red Pepper Creamy Hummus Yogurt Dip
- Cut Veggies like Broccoli & Carrots
- Fresh Fruit
- Dark Chocolate & Cinnamon Almonds
- Chop Up/Wash: Onion, Romaine Lettuce, Blackberries and Green Cabbage
- Make more Quinoa Granola (plan for Almond French Vanilla–> will share recipe!)
- Make Hummus
- Pre- make BBQ chicken and bacon
After attempting the elliptical last week and causing a re-flare I’ve been taking it VERY easy. However, things seem to be on the mend so I’m able to come up with somewhat of a plan for next week. Its rather boring, but its better than NOTHING and pain which is what I’ve had for the last 3 weeks so I’m grateful.
- Sunday- 2-3 Mile Walk, Hip strengthening, Planks/Upper Body
- Monday- walk 1-2 miles, Hip strengthening, Yoga/li>
- Tuesday-3 Mile Walk/Jog, Hip strengthening, Planks/Upper Body
- Wednesday- walk 1-2 miles, Hip strengthening, Yoga
- Thursday- Swim 30-45 minutes, Hip strengthening, Planks/Upper Body
- Friday- walk 1-2 miles, Hip strengthening, Yoga
- Saturday- 3 mile walk/jog, Hip strengthening, Planks/Upper Body
My new best friend the Power Tower….
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!