Happy Friday dance!!!!!!!! The weekend is here, thank goodness! I can’t wait for lot’s of weekend fun, I don’t know what that will include but I’m ready for it!
For Tuesday (9/02)- Friday (09/05)
- Starbucks Feta Wrap and Venti Iced Americano
- Fruit and Nut Butter (wasn’t really that hungry)
- Smoothie with frozen bananas, 1 scoop Formulx Chocolate Recovery Protein Powder, 1 cup almond milk, 1T almond butter, ice and spinach.
- Green Chile and Cheese DIY Frozen Breakfast Burrito
- Spicy Tuna Avocado Cakes & Broccoli
- Spicy Tuna Avocado Cakes and Salad (with salsa dressing)
- Chiptole- grilled chicken, salsa, lettuce and guac (Love Chipotle? Check out this post!)
- Whole Foods Salad with tons of randomness
- Spoonfuls of canned pumpkin
- smoked gouda (soooooo good)
- frozen fruit (my favorite snack!)
- Turkey Jerky
- Lots of baby carrots, some pears from our farmbox
- bananas and almond butter
- Let’s just call the first picture top left failed dinner number 1, Mr. Hungry loved it … I was not a fan. The spicy tomato sauce I made was good, but I wasn’t a fan with the tortillas… made it again with Quinoa this week and it was DELICIOUS… definitely will share that version soon.
- Eggs, deli chicken, green beans (my favorite frozen vegetable from TJ’s)
- Spicy Tuna Avocado Cakes and Deli Chicken – Guess I wasn’t that hungry?
- Pesto Salmon, Green Beans and Sweet Potato- love this type of dinner
Last Week’s Workouts
Sunday- Lifted Weights with Mr. Hungry, I complained the whole time about how my heart rate wasn’t getting up but then on Monday I woke up really sore #eatmywords. While I was complaining Mr. Hungry grabbed the light 5 lbs weights and started doing jabs with it. “See Kelli, it doesn’t matter what weights you have you can get a good workout.” He cracks me up.
Monday- 7 Mile Run
Wednesday- 3.25 Mile Run and Upper Body Workout
Upper Body Set (3 rounds)
12 assisted pull ups + 12 assisted dips
12 dumbell rows + 12 over head presses
12 deadlifts + 12 lateral raises
Thursday- 40 minute walk
Friday- Total Body Circuit and 20 Minute HIIT Treadmill Workout
Still having trouble finding my dream running shoe. I don’t think ASICS are for me though, so I’m switching back to Brooks. The people at the run store are really nice and helpful, I feel bad switching so many times. However, I took lot’s of rest this week and I’m having out hip and now outer heel pain so I’m really sure it’s the shoes. I was in ASICS last fall before I switched to Brooks Adrenalines, I think I might just go back to them. Berg! At least the shin splints are gone! Anyone else have trouble finding a good running shoe for them?
In Case You’re Interested:
- A Beginners Guide To Weightlifting (Formulx Blog)
- New Gluten Free Labeling: Has it gone too far? (Stone Soup Blog)
- Different Uses for Flour (Fitnessista.com)
- Don’t Be Fooled By The Sugar Free Label (theleangreenbean.com)
- 11 Ways to Stop Overeating After Your Workout (Fox News)
- 10 Mistakes that Make Craving’s Worse (Health.com)
Alright everyone, it’s weekend time! Let’s do this, make it amazing cause it’s 48 hours for YOU! I know I will!