Happy Tuesday Friends! Today I’ve got a quick and easy recipe with a spicy kick!
This recipe was inspired by Nom Nom Paleo’s Spicy Tuna Cake recipe. The thing is I had an abundance of leftover shredded mini chinese cabbage and carrots from making my Thai Green Curry Turkey Burgers. Since shredded vegetables are so easy to incorporate into anything in patty form, I decided to throw the leftovers in with the mix. They turned out so well I wanted to make more but I was out of sweet potatoes, however, I did have plenty of avocado! (I’m seriously an avocado hoarder, I have a problem.) Round one came out a bit bland, but with the addition of some salsa the most delicious amazing Spicy Tuna Avocado Cake was born!
Seriously guys, I know I’m constantly saying how good recipes are and all that, but this one is off the charts delicious! Each little patty is packed with protein, healthy fats, and tons of veggies, plus a spicy kick! They are great own their own as a snack, or as the protein portion of your meal! Definitely let me know if you give them a try!
[Tweet “Check out these Spicy Tuna Avocado Cakes a convenient snacked packed with protein and healthy fats from @hungryhobby!”]
In other news, Arizona had a torrential downpour yesterday, so severe that schools were canceled and many businesses closed. My area received 4 inches of rain, which I heard is more than a years worth of rain for us? Streets and freeways turned into rushing rivers and then became crazy lakes. Someone told me the governor issued a state of emergency and declared no one should go on the roads. Well water pretty much boxed me in on all sides of my neighborhood so I wasn’t going anywhere anyways. The rain let up somewhere around late morning, but the streets were still not driveable. I took a walk around 5pm and snapped these pictures. What’s crazy to me is how so much rain in such a short time period caused so many problems, Arizona is not equipped to handle natural disasters of any kind.
Earlier in the morning this wash, which is usually completely dry, had been a raging river. Weird how quickly it dried up!
That’s it, have an awesome day! Make sure if you’re using a reader or email to click through for the Spicy Tuna Cake recipe!
Spicy Tuna Avocado Cakes
- 2 cans tuna in water 10 ounces total
- 2.5 cups shredded mini chinese cabbage (or shredded carrots)
- 1 medium avocado mashed
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 chopped jalapeno deveined and deseeded
- 1/3 cup hot salsa
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray or coating with desired type of oil/butter.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl except eggs in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Add eggs and mix until just combined.
- Divide mixture among 12 muffin cups and flatten with spoon.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and muffin cups are golden brown.
- Remove from muffin tin by turning upside down on cooling rack and let cool 5 minutes then enjoy!