Happy Friday, friends! What’s new with you?
Cases of COVID are still skyrocketing over here, so Mr. Hungry is back at that work from home life for a couple of weeks. Also speaking of Mr. Hungry, he got a cast on his hand, because his thumb has been messed up from a basketball incident months ago and never healed. The cast is on his dominant hand, so he can’t change diapers, make meals, do dishes (it can’t get wet), or help with bath time. I’m not complaining, and I’m just saying maybe when his cast comes off, I’ll have a misfortunate incident that will lead me to be in a cast next. Moms out there, you know you are laughing right now at my predicament. Luckily it’s been on for a week, so only three weeks left. And, he has picked up the slack in other areas to make up for what he can’t do. I’m just saying, though, four weeks without changing diapers? Sign me up!
Anyway, I’m still working on my special recipe project that wraps up in a couple of weeks, so my weekend will be focused there! I’ve also got some prep to do before I take my official summer vacay I take every year, more on that next week!
What You Might Have Missed This Week:
- Hungry Hobby is turning SEVEN, and I’m giving away an Air Fryer to celebrate!
- PS I’m loving the comments on the post about what you guys want to see more of on HH! So fun!
- Blueberry Oat Flour Muffins
- 35+ Healthy Trader Joe’s Recipes
This week’s What to Eat? Meal Plan:
This spinach artichoke stuffed chicken breast was one of my favorite meals of the week. And, we’ve been eating air fryer green beans like crazy! I use frozen green beans, and they come out delicious! Here is the recipe I follow.
And yesterday I made cinnamon sugar donuts because our internet went out!
Finally, I got to try these Koru apples from my friends at Chelan Fresh, which were delicious! They have a delightful flavor, almost a tad bit citrusy and spicy, but still sweet, just not overwhelmingly sweet! They also are slow to brown and bruise so you can keep them in your fridge for a long time! We’ve been enjoying them, and I’ll buy more when we are out.
It Starts With The Egg
I just finished, It Starts With The Egg on Audible.
Mind blown. She did a fantastic job and looking at the research as a trained microbiologist. I have a ton of clients with their primary goal to increase fertility (some just starting the process and some already into IVF) so, I loved it. Much of it was not new to me information, but there were some golden nuggets.
*Just to be clear, I’m not endorsing her protocols, they are a good starting ground, but I believe in individualizing as much as possible with my clients.
Stainless Steel Straws and Cups
One of those golden nuggets from the book is the impact on BPA and plastics on fertility, miscarriage rates, and even child development, which prompted me to stop drinking out a plastic water bottle and throw away all our blender cups. I replaced them with these stainless steel cups, and I got another Pyrex set to replace any lingering plastic containers we had. I love this set comes with cleaners for the straws!
Stainless Steel Child Flask
I also ordered this stainless steel camelback hydro flask for KJ. It says three and up, but he was able to get that he had to bite and suck at the same time. Of course, it’s much louder and obnoxious when he throws it, compared to his plastic water bottle, but you know, whatever. Haha
Silicone Donut and Muffin Pan
I’m obsessed with my new silicone donut and muffin tin pans. Hello easy cleanup, you guys know how much I hate dishes. The muffin pan is nice because it’s reinforced, so it doesn’t wobble around. The donut pan I set on a sheet pan to keep it stable and pull it in and out of the oven.
- On Friday, I did an upper body workout that started with deadlifts. My right SI joint was pinching me weird, so I dropped down to two rounds and went on with the upper body workout. Then I showered, got on the phone for three client calls in a row, which I proceeded to sit cross-legged because I’m an idiot, and when I got up, my lower back started pinching me on the right side randomly.
- Saturday – rest day because of pinching back, but didn’t feel anything, so that was good I figured I was okay.
- Sunday- worked out, probably shouldn’t have done a bodyweight conditioning workout with a lot of bending forward (since that seems to trigger it) because the pinching came back and my shoulder on the right side got pissed off. That’s when I decided to take the next week off.
- Monday-Thursday rest days
The first few days felt perfect, like I probably should have taken a few more rest days sooner. Now, I’m feeling the itch to get a good sweat in. Hope to get in a light run tomorrow, and if that goes well start ramping back up again, wish me luck! Injuries suck, but luckily this isn’t that bad, and I’m hoping to keep it that way!