What’s going on in your neck of the woods?
Our governor finally ordered a stay at home order, which means nothing compared to what we’ve already been doing. I stopped watching the news in the morning. I feel better but have zero ideas about what’s going on in my state. Ignorance truly is bliss.
I place a Thrive Market order about once a week. Right now, you can only place orders in the morning, so I have a running list of things I want to order, and when ordering opens, I quickly fill my cart and order.
I’ve had things in the cart before that while I’m browsing looking for other things, disappear because they are no longer available. So, you got to be quick!
What’s your package protocol? Mine is as follows:
- The package arrives on the doorstep.
- The package is sprayed with Pursue (it’s an Amway disinfectant product) and left to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- The package is opened, all contents are wiped down with a Lysol wipe.
- The packaging is discarded, and hands are washed.
- Surfaces that came into contact with the package or my hands (like coming in the front door) are sanitized.
- Hands are rewashed.
And repeat every single time we get it a package. That, in and of itself, is enough to keep me from ordering anything, not 100% necessary.
On Tuesday, I shared a full day of eats AND a delicious on the fly granola recipe. So check that out if you haven’t already! Since then, we’ve been eating all fresh food in the house up first, this next week we move on to frozen!
Last night we had the last fresh asparagus, which I roasted, frozen salmon burgers (pan-fried) from Costco, and cocktail sauce. PS Salmon burgers are so much better pan-fried than baked, so so so, much better.
We had my beef and broccoli recipe one night made with green beans instead, on top of quinoa.
Brussel sprout and cheese omelet one night! This thing was massive, even with only two eggs. I forgot how filling an omelet can be!
I still have celery left in the fridge, so I’ve been using that to make tuna or chicken salad 1-2 times a week. Usually, we eat it with some sort of cracker or chips and a side of carrots.
What have you been eating?
Leave a comment or send me a DM with three ingredients from your pantry, and I’ll help you come up with recipe ideas!
Around the Web Favorites
- Deep Breathing Exercise from Navy Seals
- 29 Home Exercise Hacks
- Help Out RDs – the Commission on Dietetic Registration is refusing to offer an extension to RDs who are struggling to complete their extending education. This Petition could help them keep their license.
- Barbecue Round-Up & Comfort Food Round-Ups of your dreams!
- Workout for Kids
- Seven Sundays Muesli is donating ALL PROCEEDS from orders placed on their website (through April 10th) to The Sheridan Story, feeding hungry families.
- Bada Bean Snacks & Enlightened Ice Cream are donating 50% of profits from all online purchases over the next 30 days to Feeding America’s COVID-19 Response Fund.
We’ve been going on 30-40 minute walks every day in the evening when Mr. Hungry is done working, but now that it’s heating up, we are switching to the mornings soon! Mr. Hungry also convinces me to go on an outside run, at least once a week. Sunday, I was not feeling it, but he convinced me, and of course, I was glad I went!
Friday (3/27) – Live Workout with my Local Burn Boot Camp on Zoom
Saturday (3/28) – Amazing AMRAMP on Aaptiv
Sunday (3/29) – Family Run – about 3 miles with Nala and the Baby
Monday (3/30) – Off
Tuesday (3/31) – Posterior Lower Body Strength Workout Headquarters Burn Boot Camp Recording
Wednesday (4/1) – Anterior Strength Workout Headquarters Burn Boot Camp Recording
Thursday (4/2) – OFF