Hello friends! Happy Friday, Food Fitness & Favorites Day! In case you are new here, I share a weekly smash-up of new favorites (stuff/food/etc.), deals/discounts, and a fitness recap every Friday. Welcome to the randomness!
How has your week been? I’m still rolling along with my 4 am wake-ups. I always feel so much better, not putting pressure on myself to get things done after the baby goes to bed and waking up early, I’m so much more focused. However, one downside is I usually try to hit at least a 12 hour overnight fast, but since I start drinking coffee at 5 am (sometimes 4:30), it’s hard to do.
This weekend is already jam-packed but in a good way. We have a going away party, a family lunch, and the Super Bowl. Speaking of that, are you in need of some recipe ideas? I have over 50 Healthy Gluten-Free Super Bowl Recipes if you need some ideas!
We are making my bacon-wrapped garlic stuffed jalapeno poppers!
And if you need something to get back on track after a fun Super Bowl party, new meal plans are live for subscribers! Now let’s get to the week!
Food & Favorites
We’ve tried a lot of things in the past to stay organized, but we’ve been using this app for the last couple of weeks, and we love it! A few features that I’m hooked on are:
– Shared calendar – my calendar syncs so that my google calendar is viewable on the app. Then, Mr. Hungry adds things on his calendar directly in the app (he didn’t really keep a calendar before, he just added his appointments in the notes section in his phone, I KNOW, insane, right?) Now, we can see everything in one place. I don’t get seven million text messages when Mr. Hungry tries to schedule an appointment for himself.
-Shared grocery lists – we can both add to it, which is fantastic!
-Meal planning and recipes – I don’t use it to save recipes, but I have used the meal plan section because you can quickly type it in, and then it shows up on the calendar. Also helpful because what you type into the meal plan also shows up on the shared calendar. However, the actual type in the meal plan part is only available on desktop.
SmoothieBox Meal Plan & Special Deal
And if you’re new to Smoothiebox, you can read my full review here! We are obsessed in this house!
I added two new videos this week on IG! The first is a Costco grocery haul video:Related links:
- Meal Prep Monday (what I made this week with my Costco haul in this video!)
- Costco Healthy Shopping List
- Collagen Facts & Why We Use It
- SmoothieBox Review
- Daily Harvest Review
- Starbucks Feta Wraps Recipe
- Paleo Taco Salad Recipe
- Meal Prep Monday (I recorded my meal prep three days after this haul, so you can see what we ate with these groceries!)
- For those of you who want to know, I got my shirt from StitchFix!
The second video was a demo of how to make the baby meatloaf muffins I make KJ every week.
Feeling better after the neck strain I had last week, so I was happy to be back at it. However, I got in only two strength training workouts and THREE cardio workouts, who am I? I prefer strength training workouts to cardio these days (better results), so I need to do a better job of planning out my workouts this week.
Friday (1/24) – Aaptiv Run – Time Those Tempos Run
Saturday (1/25) – Burn Boot Camp (BBC) Cardio Tabata
Sunday (1/26) – Lower Body Aaptiv Workout 2-2-1 Lower Body Focus
Monday (1/27) – OFF
Tuesday (1/28) – BBC Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders
Each station was completed for 8 minutes, 20 reps of each exercise at your own pace, each round had shoulder taps in between switching stations. Bruh-tah.
Wednesday (1/29) – BBC Athletic Conditioning
Thursday (1/30 ) – OFF