Hi friends! Over the weekend one of my bestest friends in the world got married. Unfortunately, I couldn’t commit to going because after my back flare in the fall, because I wasn’t sure how things would go. I wanted her to know how much I care and that I was thinking of her so I sent her a box full of the week before the wedding stress relieving goodies!
Here is what was in the box:
PS I got all my stuff at CVS or target, but I’m linking to similar products on Amazon!
- Lavender essential oil towels to smell when stressed
- Vitamin Cfor immune defense
- Lavender bath salts to relax after a long stressful day of planning or the night before the wedding.
- Lavender scented candle to light when you have a few moments to yourself when taking that long hot bath, or at night to help the bride unwind!
- Lavender lotion, a little self-care goes a long way right before the wedding!
- Face masks/scrubs that make the bride feel refreshed all week long.
- Snacks – brides often forget to eat in the midst of entertaining and wedding planning. Especially with all the last minute details, something yummy they can keep in their purse that will give them a little energy.
- Plus a little healthy dessertto unwind with, all she needs to do is add the mini wine bottles!
- A cute journal to document the week of the wedding, journals are a great way to destress and document the honeymoon!
- And who doesn’t love a new lipgloss shade???
- Last but not least I threw in some Aleve, because let’s face it that week is fun but taxing and she may end up with a headache or two. Or she may even have some extra muscle aches from hitting the gym harder that week.
Tip – pack with lots of tissue paper. Send well in advance. I sent it about four days before I wanted to get there so I paid three times for shipping. Send it plenty in advance especially if the destination is a few states away!
Of course, I wish that I could have been there. Not only do I love weddings but I love celebrating happiness with my friends. I never thought I’d have to miss such a good friends wedding. The friends I stay close with as I get older become more and more important to me because it’s so hard to maintain adult friendships sometimes. So to make it extra special, I also included a handwritten note for her to read the day of the wedding. I think she really liked it! Just an idea in case any of you find yourself in a similar situation!
Also, you may want to consider making an emergency bridal kit for your bride to be. I made one for myself before I got married and one for another friend recently and we used the heck out of it! Plus the bride used it the week of the wedding and for the honeymoon since there were so many travel-friendly items!
Pin this for later: