This gluten-free breakfast turkey enchilada casserole is a delicious way to use up leftover turkey or to make with rotisserie chicken!
Happy Thanksgiving Week! As promised, last week I shared a ton of great Thanksgiving side dish recipes, this week I’m sharing my favorite ways to use leftovers! I mentioned last week that I like Thanksgiving, but I LOVE Thanksgiving leftovers. Mostly because I LOVE Mexican food and that’s what we do with our leftovers.
So I’ve basically been eating Thanksgiving leftovers for the past week, and I’m not complaining because, again, Mexican food! The best part? I’m using every opportunity to experiment with new recipes while the family is in town. I’ve made three batches of failed cookies which I don’t have to throw away because there are others to help me eat the fails. (Fails are good, just not good enough for the blog.) I’m working ahead trying to make as much as possible, but the cabinet installation process keeps getting in the way.
We’ve had the lower part of our dry bar/cabinet area in the dining room for weeks, and finally, the granite got installed! I IMMEDIATELY started putting things away. I’ve been waiting for this since AUGUST people! Today the top half of the cabinets are supposed to go in and then it will FINALLY be done! I literally can’t wait I’m so excited. Clearly, I have to wait though because I do not know how to install cabinets myself. Anyways, I have just TWO more boxes people, and then we will finally be 100% unpacked. Just in time for Thanksgiving, finally settled in! It’s going to be AMAZING, not as fantastic as this casserole, but pretty close!
What are your plans for this Thanksgiving? Are you hosting, staying in town, or traveling far?
Breakfast Turkey Enchilada Casserole#glutenfree #breakfast turkey enchilada casserole - enchiladas for breakfast, enough saidClick To Tweet
Breakfast Turkey Enchilada Bake
This gluten free breakfast turkey enchilada casserole is a delicious way to use up leftover turkey or to make with rotisserie chicken!
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups shredded turkey (or rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar)
- garnish with ¼ cup green onions and ¼ cup cilantro, optional guac/ avocado
- preheat oven to 375F.
- Chop peppers and onions and add to a bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup red enchilada sauce to the bottom of a 8 x 8 (2 quart) baking dish.
- Add layer of corn tortillas.
- Add ½ of the pepper onion mix.
- Add 1 cup turkey or chicken.
- Beat 6 eggs in a separate bowl and pour on top of the turkey.
- Add another layer of corn tortillas.
- Add 1/3 cup red enchilada sauce.
- Repeat steps 5 -9
- Add cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Take the foil off and bake for an additional 40 minutes, or until eggs are set. (To check if the eggs are set, use a knife to cut into the center, nothing should be runny.)
- Garnish and serve.
I'd love to connect with you!I am always so grateful when you let me know you tried one of my recipes or workouts and tag me in your photos or updates. Tag @hungryhobbyRD if you make this!