This Leftover Turkey Low Carb Enchilada Casserole uses zucchini noodles instead of tortillas for a veggie-packed win, fewer carbs, and all the enchilada flavor!
Happy Tuesday friends! I’m so excited because three months after we moved in we finally finished renovations! We had a dry bar/entertainment center installed in our dining room which meant I could FINALLY unpack the last few boxes!
Now my blog stuff and glassware is neatly organized on shelves again; it’s like the haze of chaos has finally lifted. Okay, that’s a lie, because now it’s the holidays which is constant chaos.
Regardless, I’m so happy it’s done! Also by some miracle, my nephew slept through two hours of drilling. Every time drilling or hammering happened my SIL, and I would look at each other and cringe a little bit. Somehow though, he kept on sleeping.
Can I get some of that sleepy dust kid? Wouldn’t that be nice? Meanwhile, I’ve got to take a natural calm and wear a sleep mask to get to sleep. But the kid sleeps through drilling and banging like it’s not happening.
I’m not sure how restful his sleep was though since he got pretty cranky pretty early. Total Aunt FAIL. Sure come for Thanksgiving but one of the days you’re here your child will have to sleep through extremely loud drilling, and you will get one day notice of such events occurring. Should have added that to my hosting tips “inform guests with small children of renovations occurring during naptime.”
I think you guys got the idea already that my favorite part of Thanksgiving food is the leftovers. You also may have noticed my love for turning those leftovers into Mexican food.
I got the idea for this recipe one night when I made my Zucchini Noodle Lasagna. I thought, if I could replace the noodles in lasagna with zucchini then I could replace tortillas with zucchini in an enchilada bake.
I was right! The recipe was a huge hit with my family who arrived last week! Plus, I think it’s the perfect way to use your leftovers to help you get back on track the next day! Enjoy, as always let me know if you try it!
Leftover Turkey Low Carb Enchilada Casserole
[clickToTweet tweet=”#lowcarb turkey #enchilada casserole – veggie packed enchiladas – #glutenfree #healthy ” quote=”#lowcarb turkey #enchilada casserole – veggie packed enchiladas – #glutenfree #healthy “]
Leftover Turkey Low Carb Zucchini Enchilada Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Use a mandolin on the largest setting to make zucchini noodles.
- Place zucchini on cooking sheets and bake for 10 minutes to help dry them out (DO NOT SKIP)
- Combine 2 avocados with ½ cup salsa to make guacamole.
- Add ingredients to a 9 x 13 casserole dish in the following order: ½ cup sauce, layer of zucchini noodles, ½ cup sauce, 1 cup turkey, 1/2 of guacamole, layer of zucchini noodles, ½ cup sauce, 1 cup turkey, chopped onions, ½ cup shredded cheese, layer of zucchini noodles, ½ cup sauce, 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes covered with foil and 40 minutes uncovered.
- Garnish with ¼ cup green onions and ¼ cup cilantro
Looking for more healthy leftover turkey recipes?
- Low Carb Turkey Enchilada Casserole
- Breakfast Turkey Enchilada Casserole
- Gluten-Free Turkey Enchilada Bake + VIDEO
- Leftover Turkey Enchiladas
- Healthy Leftover Turkey Chili