Hi Friends! I think it’s time for a new recipe from the Hungry Hobby kitchen, it’s been way too long, check out these Breakfast Sausage and Veggie Stuffed Mini Quiches!
I promised I would share this delicious and quick make ahead breakfast recipe and here it is! These mini quiches are yet another result of making use of my farmbox contents, this time I used carrots and microgreens. They came out really delicious, the perfect portable savory breakfast option! (A good one if you are participating in Sugar Free September!)
To counterbalance the load of veggies they carry I also stuffed them with savory and flavorful chicken breakfast sausage. These aren’t exactly like your typical quiche or mini quiches, so they didn’t come out really fluffy, but they did have a nice texture to them. Almost like a dense omelet? Maybe I should have called them mini omelets, oh well too late!
To me it’s kind of a luxury to start my day with eggs and tons of veggies, that kind of breakfast just doesn’t usually travel well. These mini quiches were easily transported to work in zip lock bags or containers for an easy breakfast, lunch or even snack. Each one packs a 10 gram protein punch so like most egg dishes they were really filling. One morning I had three and a piece of fruit and was full till like 2pm. I scaled back and had two the next day so I’d be ready for lunch a little sooner, who wants to wait till 2pm for lunch? That’s just crazy. Let me know if you give them a try 🙂
[Tweet “A healthy portable savory breakfast option – Breakfast Sausage & Veggie Stuffed Mini Quiches via @hungryhobby!”]
*If you’re using a reader, click through to get the recipe!
Mini Breakfast Sausage Quiches
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a muffin pan
- Brown breakfast sausage in skillet over medium 5-8 minutes (until no longer pink.)
- Beat eggs and seasonings together. Fold in shredded carrots and microgreens (to the eggs)
- Divide egg mixture evenly in muffin pan, top with breakfast sausage.
- Bake egg muffins for 30 to 35 minutes or until eggs are fully set.
- Remove from oven and let cool at least 5 minutes (so they shrink and easily remove from muffin tin.)