AThese air fryer quesadillas are super easy, healthy, and come out perfectly crisp with a creamy, cheesy center!
Good morning friends! I’ve had almost a full cup of half-caff coffee already before 7 AM, so I’m feeling good! (I’m usually comfortable with up to a full cup of coffee in pregnancy, but I’ve been weirdly sensitive to it this time around.) Anyways, I’m excited to share today’s recipe with you because I’ve discovered another fun use for our air fryer.
I love making wings, homemade chicken nuggets, cauliflower gnocchi, tortilla strips, and let’s not forget reheating leftovers in my air fryer. And as you guys also know, I freaking love quesadillas of all forms (see black bean quesadilla, healthy breakfast quesadilla, healthy chicken quesadilla, southwest chipotle quesadilla, and my tuna melt quesadillas .) So, I thought I’d try my hand at making a super simple quesadilla recipe in the air fryer!
I decided to go with a classic bean and cheese combo for this version, but you know I had to throw some veggies in! #HaveAPlant I was surprised how easy they were to finagle in the air fryer, but I wasn’t surprised at how they came out. Like everything in the air fryer, perfectly crispy on the outside while cooked through on the inside. I was surprised by a few quirks I had to deal with when making quesadillas in the air fryer, but more on that below in the how-to section.
How to Make Air Fryer Quesadillas
Obviously, this is an easy peasy kind of recipe! You add your protein, cheese, and veggies to the quesadillas and cook. However, I wouldn’t say that the Air Fryer is my new go-to appliance for making quesadillas. I think it’s fun you can use it for quesadillas, but I don’t think it does a better job than a plain ol’ nonstick skillet. It’s not less messy, and if anything, it is a bit more of a hassle. –-> ONE IMPORTANT THING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MAKING QUESADILLAS IN THE AIR FRYER! —>
Air Fryer Quesadilla
- Dice bell peppers.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350F.
- Assemble quesadillas by spreading 1/4 cup of refried beans over one quesadilla, top with 1/3 cup cheese, and 1/4 of the bell peppers. Place the other tortilla on top.
- Spray bottom with cooking spray and place in air fryer rack. IMPORTANT! Place a trivet or something to weigh down on the top half of the tortilla. I used one of the accessory racks that came with the Air Fryer accessory kit I bought. If you don't, the tortilla on top may fly up and get burnt to shreds. Luckily, when this happened to me, I recognized the burning smell and stopped the air fryer before anything catastrophic happened to me.
- Cook quesadillas for 4 minutes, then flip, cook until golden brown and crispy on the outside and melty cheese on the inside! How do you flip? I used air fryer parchment liners that I could pull out easily iwth the quesadilla on them, then flip the whole thing, but it wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done!
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Air Fryer Tortilla Strips
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chicken Nuggets
- Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Sweet & Spicy Drug Rub Wings
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders (No Breading)
- 20 Minute Air Fryer Fish Tacos
- Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma
- Air Fryer Turmeric Cauliflower