Happy Sunday friends! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! My weekend has been non stop so far, but in a good way. I’m just popping in to share with you this delicious “hummus” I made last week and never had a chance to post.
I had the idea for this dip for some time now, I was just waiting for cubed butternut squash to come back to the local costco. I’ll be honest, I’m not one for messing around trying to deal with difficult vegetables like butternut squash. The extra couple bucks to buy it pre cut and ready to go supports my sanity. Once I saw it was back I knew it was go time!
It’s not truly a hummus because it doesn’t contain any beans, but it does contain tahini which gives it a creamy texture and a hint of hummus flavor. The roasted butternut squash also lends to the creaminess but gives it a slightly sweet flavor, and then everything gets kicked up a notch with FRANKS RED HOT. If you like sweet and spicy wing sauce, you’ll definitely love this dip. It’s the perfect healthy appetizer for football games!
- 2lbs butternut squash, cubed
- 1T olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toss butternut squash in olive oil and place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve heated or cold with desired dipping utensils (tortilla chips, pita chips, vegetable chips, plantain chips, snap peas)
Makes 3 cups, 1/4 cup per serving:
Have a good one and let me know if you try it!